Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 Seed Talk

Featured Replies

Duke is a lock for #1 seed I think.

 

Why? They just lost and so did Virginia and if they move Virginia down shouldn't they move Duke down too????

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I think if Wisconsin wins tomorrow they will be a #1 seed. I personally think it make sense to have UK, Wisconsin, Duke, Villanova. But if you put the #1 seeds in their geographic area who of these four go out west? Could this rule keep Nova from a #1 seed and allow Arizona if they win later tonight to get the #1 seed in the West. Then #2 seeds will be Virginia, Iowa St. since they beat Kansas, Gonzaga, and possibly Notre Dame if they win the ACC. Just thinking out loud.

 

If this were to happen and Arizona got the #1 seed in West. Then Gonzaga could be the #2 seed in the West Villanova #2 in the East Notre Dame #2 in the Midwest and and Virginia #2 in the south with Kentucky. I think the NCAA would like to see a UK and Virginia in regional final. JMO

  • Author
Why? They just lost and so did Virginia and if they move Virginia down shouldn't they move Duke down too????

 

I don't think so two reasons I think Virginia would move down and not Duke is that Duke defeated Virginia at Virginia when they were at full strength and Duke defeated Louisville at Louisville and Wisconsin on the road. Also it is evident that Justin Anderson is not anywhere neat full strength the two games he played in the ACC tournament he did not score in either.

Midwest 1 Kentucky 2 Iowa St or Kansas

East 1 Villanova 2 Virginia

South 1 Wisconsin 2 Duke

West 1 Arizona 2 Gonzaga

  • Author

I may be wrong but I just don't see anyway that Duke is still not a #1 seed. I think they are in this order:

Kentucky

Wisconsin

Duke

Either Nova or Arizona

My opinion

I think it will be:

 

#1 Villanova & #2 Virginia in the East

#1 Duke & #2 Kansas in the South

#1 Kentucky & #2 Gonzaga in the Midwest

#1 Wisconsin & #2 Arizona in the West

If this were to happen and Arizona got the #1 seed in West. Then Gonzaga could be the #2 seed in the West Villanova #2 in the East Notre Dame #2 in the Midwest and and Virginia #2 in the south with Kentucky. I think the NCAA would like to see a UK and Virginia in regional final. JMO

 

No way in the world Villanova isn't a #1 seed. Period. Under any circumstance.

No way in the world Villanova isn't a #1 seed. Period. Under any circumstance.

 

Agreed. That one better be locked up before the committee goes to bed tonight...

Duke got beat last night :sssh:

 

Notre Dame and Carolina for the ACC Title today

 

Didn't honestly know, I have been crazy busy, lol. With Notre Dame winning tonight, it will be interesting to see who gets the #2 seeds.

Kentucky (Midwest)

Nova (East)

Wisconsin (west)

Duke (South) Don't see UVA getting it. The committee will take Anderson's injury into account

 

Notre Dame/Kansas (Midwest)

UVA (East)

Arizona (West)

Gonzaga (South)

I have no problem with UVA getting a 2, if Nova is 1 in their bracket :lol2:

With the way Arizona rolled in the Pac 12 title game tonight, they may very well slide into a 1 seed. If I had guess at this second, I'd say:

 

UK

villanova

Arizona

Wisconsin (with a win tomorrow) or Duke

 

The 2's are likely:

Duke (or Wisconsin)

Gonzaga

Virginia

Kansas

My guess, GOnzaga

 

They'll keep them in the West imo.

Lol.

The committee won't even have Duke in UK's side of the bracket. They want a Kentucky-Duke championship game. Would be the highest TV ratings in the history of college basketball.

 

If UK is going for 40-0 ratings will be high no matter who they face.

Kentucky

Villanova

Wisconsin

Virginia

 

Unwritten rule that to be a #1 seed, you need to win your conference in the regular season, conference tournament or both

 

Duke did neither.

Edited by statman

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.