Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino blasts student...

Featured Replies

Typical Rick. His team gets out played and out coached but instead of "owning" it, handling a question with class he takes his frustration / failure out on a student reporter :rolleyes:. Maybe he's getting senile :idunno: :lol2:

 

Rick Pitino embarrasses student reporter for no reason

 

He owned it. What more can he say than NC outplayed them and deserved to win.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The question was not stupid and Pitino was not as bad as it is being publicized to be. He obviously knew it was a student reporter and my problem is he was condescending. But not a huge deal.
You just asked one of the greatest college coaches in the game's history why his team has trouble with a zone and they shoot under 30% from beyond the arc and that's a solid query?
You just asked one of the greatest college coaches in the game's history why his team has trouble with a zone and they shoot under 30% from beyond the arc and that's a solid query?

 

 

That isn't what he asked. He asked "why have they struggled against a zone all year?" That's fair, not stupid.

Not a bad question to ask, "What it is about zone that gives his offense so much trouble?" He just comes off as a bigger jerk, when his program is falling apart, he can't show any class. Maybe Pitino just doesn't know how to fix it, so he can't give a real response.

Hell, I'm a UK fan but the disdain for Pitino is retarded. And I don't get it either. Dude resurrected the program and hung a banner but now he's a real bastard. I just don't get it. And he's right, it doesn't take an Xs and Os genius to figure out that Louisville can't put the biscuit in the basket.

 

I kinda understand why UK fans hate Pitino. But really, it's been a long time now, let it go. Pitino is like that really hot chick you used to date, but ended up dumping you. She was hot, and a lot fun of to be around, and looked really good on your arm. But deep down you knew you weren't going to spend the rest of your life with her, and it was probably best that you both moved on. But you're upset because she left you first and then started dating somebody you knew, who you didn't think deserved to be with her. And now they are having fun together. But in reality the anger isn't worth it, because neither one is worth your time.

I don't know how anyone can claim Pitino is not a jerk. He just does not come off as a nice guy. I would NEVER want to hang out with that guy.

 

I guess it depends. I know people from the New York and Boston areas, and it's not that they are jerks, it's just how they are. I actually love it, because I kind of love snarky. :D

Not a bad question to ask, "What it is about zone that gives his offense so much trouble?" He just comes off as a bigger jerk, when his program is falling apart, he can't show any class. Maybe Pitino just doesn't know how to fix it, so he can't give a real response.

Yeah, 2 whole years removed from a national championship. Absolute shambles. You guys crack me up.

UK fans never let anything go.

 

Signed,

 

Christian Laettner

I guess it depends. I know people from the New York and Boston areas, and it's not that they are jerks, it's just how they are. I actually love it, because I kind of love snarky. :D

 

Nothing wrong with snarky at all. :thumb:

That isn't what he asked. He asked "why have they struggled against a zone all year?" That's fair, not stupid.

Not it's not. He should know they can't throw one in the ocean. Stupid.

 

Should he recruit better shooters? Sure. Should he have recruited DeAngelo Russell? Sure. Ask him if he feels like next season they'll have the shooters to counter the zone. Be a real jerk and ask him if he's gonna continue to recruit 7' foreigners who can't stick their thumbs in their rearends. But don't ask a question that everyone on the planet who knows how high a basketball goal is why they can't figure out the zone. Stuuuuuuupid.

Rick is a Jerk. Just like every other EGO Coach in the NCAA. Really comes out when they lose.

 

BUT this young man just learned a lesson - Ask better questions. - If he is from Louisville area he knows the weakness of this team.

 

I would have asked, "Rick why didnt you play some of those younger guys in December and develop kids sooner instead of waiting until your team falls apart to play these kids" Seems like a major error by a coach been in the game this long.

Pitino gave a $5.5 million answer to a 50 cent question........:popcorn:

I love Ricky P. but he needs to learn to relax. Go home, head to Porcini's and have a drink or something.
Is that the restaurant that he knocked up that woman in?
Yeah, if Pitino called you this afternoon and said he'd buy you a drink you'd probably turn him down.

 

I'd have a drink with evil incarnate (Bobby Knight) as long as he was buying . . .

That's mild compared to the treatment the C-J's guys can get.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.