Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino blasts student...

Featured Replies

Not as big of a deal as some of you are making this out to be...I've been in the post game press conferences for other college coaches and seen coaches be a bigger jerk than Pitino is being made out to be. Hell, I've seen Mick Cronin give answers that could've been taken worse than this.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with it. Dumb question. These coaches get slammed by reporters and fans all the time with dumb crap, I have zero issues whatsoever with coaches taking their shots at them in a stern, yet respectful manner. He didn't cuss him. Didn't yell. Just gave an honest answer.

 

We can all confront stupid, but coaches can't....never really bought into that whole ideology.

  • Author
He's not becoming senile. He's just a jerk.
:lol2: Well, you are correct.

 

I love Ricky P. but he needs to learn to relax. Go home, head to Porcini's and have a drink or something.

Go home and have a drink yes.....but I wouldn't go anywhere with attractive waitresses if I were him. :sssh: :popcorn:

 

Relax Lil' Ricky protectors, I was kidding on this one.

Edited by oldrambler

  • Author
Hell, I'm a UK fan but the disdain for Pitino is retarded. And I don't get it either. Dude resurrected the program and hung a banner but now he's a real bastard. I just don't get it. And he's right, it doesn't take an Xs and Os genius to figure out that Louisville can't put the biscuit in the basket.

 

I don't have disdain for Pitino as a coach, that would be crazy and I am not retarded. I very well know that he's one of the top 3 or 4 coaches in the country right now. I am also very appreciative of him for what he did with the U.K. Program during the time that he was there.

Having said all that ....yes, I think that the man is an arrogant jerk, always has been (including his time at U.K.) and he was taking an uncalled for shot at a young, inexperienced reporter to try to embarrass him. His answer was not profane or anything, was just a jerk being a "I'm better than you" jerk. The kid was a student, not a seasoned / career reporter. That's jmo though and others obviously have theirs.

Live and learn. The kid learned more from that answer than he ever would have from some party-line, coach-speak. Student got a free lesson, Pitino did him a favor, IMO.

You do not have to be a good shooting team to be effective against a zone, it helps no doubt.

He just comes off as a bigger jerk, when his program is falling apart, he can't show any class.

 

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Relax Lil' Ricky protectors, I was kidding on this one.

 

No you weren't. You just don't have as much support as you thought you would. :lol2: :lol2:

If Pitino is a jerk, and he may very well be, lots of people are jerks, even non-famous people. I think we all have our triggers that bring out the jerk in us.

 

I was thinking about this this morning. Besides coached, how many of us have to go before the public and answer to every single "project" and get questioned by people in public EVERY single day? Got to be annoying on a good day. Mus be excruciating on a bad one.

No you weren't. You just don't have as much support as you thought you would. :lol2: :lol2:
True

Edited by spindoc

I don't have disdain for Pitino as a coach, that would be crazy and I am not retarded. I very well know that he's one of the top 3 or 4 coaches in the country right now. I am also very appreciative of him for what he did with the U.K. Program during the time that he was there.

Having said all that ....yes, I think that the man is an arrogant jerk, always has been (including his time at U.K.) and he was taking an uncalled for shot at a young, inexperienced reporter to try to embarrass him. His answer was not profane or anything, was just a jerk being a "I'm better than you" jerk. The kid was a student, not a seasoned / career reporter. That's jmo though and others obviously have theirs.

 

First I never said you were retarded. I said that the venom for Rick is. Second, don't backpedal. If you feel like he raked that kid, own it. Don't say "just kidding" when you see backlash. And lastly, this isn't your first crusade against Pitino or Louisville. And maybe some of those were warranted, but this one is plain silly.

If Cal did that, what would the UK faithful reaction be?

The question was not stupid and Pitino was not as bad as it is being publicized to be. He obviously knew it was a student reporter and my problem is he was condescending. But not a huge deal.

 

100% agree with everything you've said.

The reason this is even a story is it's all about the over analyzation of sports. And if there isn't a story there, surely there MUST be a TMZ angle somewhere so dig for it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.