February 19, 201511 yr Personally, I feel like it's time to start thinking about next season too. They aren't deep enough to think about a serious run in the tournament.
February 19, 201511 yr Christmas is a beast. Best player on the floor. One of the best in college basketball IMO.
February 19, 201511 yr Aaron is another disappointment. Came in as a 5 star from Washington who some thought would press for a starting spot. Looks fragile and seemes to shoot the ball different every time. Has shot more air balls than made baskets. He's been terrible on defense and pouts when RP tears into him. Season is not lost yet this is almost typical for Louisville fans. Rick can circle the wagons in a hurray hopefully this was their wake up call and finish on a high note when Virginia comes to the yum.
February 19, 201511 yr UL is #182 in field goal %; #310 in 3 point%; #252 in assists per game. Sounds about right.
February 19, 201511 yr Perhaps then Rick should not have recruited him. Louisville fans have learned to live with his misfires in recruiting.
February 19, 201511 yr Louisville fans have learned to live with his misfires in recruiting. Are they misfires because of the player or the coach? I feel like Pitino does a great job of getting the most out of lesser known guys and developing them over time. I don't feel like he does a very good job with the top talent he brings in. Someone who knows UL better than I, is that a fair assessment?
February 19, 201511 yr Are they misfires because of the player or the coach? I feel like Pitino does a great job of getting the most out of lesser known guys and developing them over time. I don't feel like he does a very good job with the top talent he brings in. Someone who knows UL better than I, is that a fair assessment? Pitino has done well developing players in the past. It's just gotten old having to deal with that, IMO. I'm seriously starting to get concerned about next season. There is nobody I feel confident in that is returning next year. No one.
February 19, 201511 yr 0 points 0 assist 0 rebounds 5 fouls. And that guy won Mr. Basketball over Anthony Davis....:idunno:
February 19, 201511 yr I did enjoy watching David Levitch play some - he’s pretty cool. But for the love of all that is good and human in the world… C’mon Cards, get your act together, maybe make a basket or two, and try to finish strong! Sheesh.
February 19, 201511 yr As disappointed as I have been watching a game all year. Snider showed some flashes, but faded late (not surprising since he probably played 37 minutes as opposed to the 4 -8 mpg he had been playing 2-3 weeks ago). Mahmoud continues to impress me as having a large upside. Although he apparently won't, Rozier should stay another year. He is a D-League player at this point whether he gets drafted or not. Against the Cuse 2-3, if your bigs can't hit the elbow jumper or pass to the baseline cutter, you have no chance of succeeding. You must force that zone out of its shape to succeed -- if guard has to drop down to defend elbow jumper, kick it out for a 3; if the C or F must come up to defend the elbow jumper, hit the baseline cutter for a dunk. UofL has to know that since they play basically the same zone. Harrell hit from there early and then never took the shot again. Onuaku missed 1 from there and never even considered putting up another. Levitch -- if you're going to play, chuck up some 3s. Worst that can happen is that you go sit down the same place you have been sitting since DEC. Don't play scared. Blackshear -- sigh. Harrell -- demand the ball in the post. Great 1st half & then nothing.
February 19, 201511 yr Christmas is a beast. Best player on the floor. Agreed. Such a shame he won't be playing in the tournament this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.