Udoka Azubuike (2016)

JokersWild24

Wow. Just saw his highlight tapes. The one attached below is him at 14. Kid is a monster. Don't really see much from a skill standpoint because all he's doing is assaulting the rim with two handed slams, but he looks pretty agile and coordinated as well.

Goes to high school in Florida, but has offers from Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Texas, and Wake Forest. UConn and Florida State are also mentioned as involved, but not having offered.

ESPN lists him as 6'10, 268 lbs., 5* who is #1 at his position and #10 overall.

Anyone know how hard Kentucky is recruiting him and who the likely favorites are going to be?

:eyeonyou: If he is as good as it looks then I would say that Cal is well aware and working on it.

I also heard on one of the espn shows that aside from the top ranked big man for next season along with a top class coming that LSU had some very good kids / classes for the next couple of seasons. :idunno:

Edited by oldrambler

:eyeonyou: If he is as good as it looks then I would say that Cal is well aware and working on it.

I also heard on one of the espn shows that aside from the top ranked big man for next season along with a top class coming that LSU had some very good kids / classes for the next couple of seasons.

:idunno:

Agreed. Ben Simmons and Antonio Blackney are going to LSU and both are huge recruiting scores for them. Simmons is Australian and his guardian is either an LSU assistant or somehow involved with LSU.

The UK/LSU rivalry should rekindle well over the next few years.

It seems like there's always a team or two up at the same time. In the past years five or so years, it's been Mississippi State in the West, while Ole Miss has been steady, then Florida and Vanderbilt in the East.

Looks like LSU will take over Mississippi State's spot, and, in a few years, possibly Auburn will be in that discussion (if they are able to keep Pearl). Don't really know if Arkansas is going to be what some think they are.

I could see South Carolina overtaking Vanderbilt once Martin has been there awhile and has a chance to put his stamp on the program. Same goes for Tennessee if they can keep Tyndall out of trouble. Dark horse to do so would be Missouri. They are kind of the Arkansas of the East. Lots of expectations and people saying that they are on the verge, but not really results to show for it at the end of the day.