February 1, 201511 yr When they showed the final score of this game on the big screens in Rup tonight there was a pretty big cheer. I was quite disappointed. The Rupp faithful should never cheer for a Duke win. Never.
February 1, 201511 yr When they showed the final score of this game on the big screens in Rup tonight there was a pretty big cheer. I was quite disappointed. The Rupp faithful should never cheer for a Duke win. Never. I guess it just shows that 'all uk fans hate duke" is a myth. To be honest, most of us don't hate duke. The duke fans seem to like to think that though. I don't have a problem with it, UVA is overrated and it showed tonight. I see no issue with cheering duke in that instance. Virginia is a fraud, it showed tonight and it will show again in their next two games.
February 1, 201511 yr Duke's 2-3 may end up a bigger story than UK's Platoon is by the time the tourney starts. If Duke actually played the pack line man to man, I don't think anyone would ever score more than 60 points on them. I love when they go to the 2-3 match up.
February 1, 201511 yr Wouldnt surprise me. They probably deserve a few votes in Monday's poll's.You're joking, right?
February 1, 201511 yr Wouldnt surprise me. They probably deserve a few votes in Monday's poll's. Because they beat #2 Virginia or because they lost to #8 Notre Dame on Wednesday for their 3rd loss?
February 1, 201511 yr Don't know whether to call it a choke or just a collapse but uva folded like crazy last night . The return trip to duke should be a good one .
February 1, 201511 yr UVA didn't necessarily choke last night they just aren't very good offensively. Duke went into their 2-3 and UVA had a few possessions where they didn't get a good look while Duke just couldn't miss. They drain the clock and play suffocating man to man defense and do a good job double teaming and closing out. They're still the 3rd or 4th best team in the country to me.
February 1, 201511 yr Neither team really impressed me much yesterday. UV didn't play great and Duke barely won.
February 1, 201511 yr ]When they showed the final score of this game on the big screens in Rup tonight there was a pretty big cheer. I was quite disappointed. The Rupp faithful should [/b]never cheer for a Duke win. Never. There must have been something under the score that said if you cheer you get free tickets to the next Luke Bryan concert or something, that's not like UK fans at all
February 1, 201511 yr Credit to Duke down the stretch for hitting the shots. Funny thing is, Virginia has given up it's fair share of 3 ball against teams, BUT it has happened early in the game, UVA makes adjustments and the other team struggles rest of the way. Now can only hope Virginia gets a split with a trip to Carolina against Heels and home against Louisville next week.
February 1, 201511 yr This game shows why Duke will probably not win the National Championship AND why you don't want to play them in March. I cannot see them shooting well for 6 straight games but if you catch them on the wrong night and they are draining 3's like at the end of the game against UVA, they can beat anyone...including UK...
February 1, 201511 yr Biggest things to take away from this as a Duke fan is the 2-3 zone and their fight. I like the way the 2-3 went for the Dukies. If we see the match up with Duke/UK I wouldnt be surprised to see the zone most of the time. This teams composure to come back when down 11 with 6 to go was huge to me. That's twice in 3 games they've fought back and won. Love seeing that from a young team. Will be a very interesting rest of the year. More big games coming up. ND at home this week. Then at Florida State and Syracuse, finally wrapping that stretch up with UNC at home.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.