February 1, 201511 yr Could a team who shoots the ball like Notre Dame but defends like Virginia beat the 76ers in a 7 game series? Nope.. They may be able to hang with the Kentucky Wildcats though.
February 1, 201511 yr Thing is, I think Virginia caught Duke on an off night. They definitely did. I think Virginia is good, but I think Duke wins a 7 game series against the two convincingly.
February 1, 201511 yr I hate that UVA lost this one because I feel they outplayed Duke. Duke has a ton of weapons- every time I see them, I get more scared of seeing them in March, as a UK fan.
February 1, 201511 yr Three ball avalanche down the stretch. That's why Duke is extremely dangerous come March. Points can come extremely quick.
February 1, 201511 yr Duke's 2-3 may end up a bigger story than UK's Platoon is by the time the tourney starts.
February 1, 201511 yr Duke's 2-3 may end up a bigger story than UK's Platoon is by the time the tourney starts. Wouldnt surprise me. They probably deserve a few votes in Monday's poll's.
February 1, 201511 yr Looked back at the stats - Duke made eight of their last nine shots, and the one they missed, Okafor tipped in an offensive rebound. Their last empty possession was with 5:40 left in the game when Winslow missed a shot and got the flagrant right after. Of those eight makes, five were threes. One of the three that wasn't, was an and-1. 22 points in five minutes when they'd scored 47 in the previous 35.
February 1, 201511 yr Looked back at the stats - Duke made eight of their last nine shots, and the one they missed, Okafor tipped in an offensive rebound. Their last empty possession was with 5:40 left in the game when Winslow missed a shot and got the flagrant right after. Of those eight makes, five were threes. One of the three that wasn't, was an and-1. 22 points in five minutes when they'd scored 47 in the previous 35. Same time it's hard to say that you could really see Duke staying on the atrocious pace they were on early. Credit Virginia's defense for some of their misses, but for others, they were ones you just had the feeling Duke would start knocking down if they kept getting them. Running too many doubles at Okafor was going to lead for some open looks when he kicked it out and they rotated the ball well. I thought the refs really let Virginia's bigs get away with a lot in terms of how they let them fight Okafor on position. Sometimes you'd just see guys running into him to try and knock him off the spot he'd established. If the game is called tight (i.e., no run-and-gos at Okafor to hit him with a body block), then this one could have been way ugly for Virginia. Not a Duke fan at all, just saying what I thought I saw. Biggest difference maker for Duke was Tyus Jones. Even when the rest of the team was struggling, he was getting it done and they don't win this game without him.
February 1, 201511 yr Are the Blue Devils going to have 3 one and dones? I figured they would bounce back at Virginia.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.