Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Gordon is a Moron

Featured Replies

I don't understand this at all. How can you be suspended for something that's legal? The NFL is stupid

 

Just noticed that he is being suspended for alcohol. I agree with you totally Loogy. How can you suspend a guy for drinking a glass of wine or beer????

  • Replies 34
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he failed a drug test and tested positive for alcohol also.

I thought he failed a drug test and tested positive for alcohol also.

That's what I thought too...

Alcohol?

 

That is crazy.

Alcohol?

 

That is crazy.

 

From what I've read, it's because of his recent DWI arrest... Add that to the other failed drug tests and I think he was on a short leash. He knew he could be tested for alcohol, so I'm not surprised that they may hit him with a year suspension.

I thought he failed a drug test and tested positive for alcohol also.

 

To clarify, he tested positive for alcohol as part of the NFL's (strict) Substance Abuse Policy. My guess is this is part of the new policy recently enacted which helped get Gordon reinstated 3/4 through this season. He knew the parameters and could not help himself, as dumb as it may sound that he got caught with just alcohol in his system. He was subject to the test because of his DWI last summer.

 

I get failing a sobriety test, but beyond that, how long does alcohol stay in one's system? I am interested to see how this is even conducted.

To clarify, he tested positive for alcohol as part of the NFL's (strict) Substance Abuse Policy. My guess is this is part of the new policy recently enacted which helped get Gordon reinstated 3/4 through this season. He knew the parameters and could not help himself, as dumb as it may sound that he got caught with just alcohol in his system. He was subject to the test because of his DWI last summer.

 

I get failing a sobriety test, but beyond that, how long does alcohol stay in one's system? I am interested to see how this is even conducted.

 

Hours on your system...

 

And just like in the real world everyone, a Judge can order no more alcohol as a part of your punishment and you better not violate.

I don't know if Josh Gordon is an idiot or an addict. It is likely that he is both based on the information that we have.

This guy is an idiot. If I had to pick multi millions of dollars or no alcohol then I pick the money.

 

You all act as if it's just alcohol, well the guy must be an alcoholic and have a bigger problem than we know and one the NFL does know and maybe this was their way of helping him. He failed and now he will be a statistic on society.

Threw away a lot of talent.

 

See Justin Blackmon as well. I can't figure these guys out. Make your millions while you can, only a handful of people have the talent to make in the NFL and they just throw it away Like its nothing.

For a second, I thought title of thread was Gordon is a maroon. I guess both words apply. :lol2:

To clarify, he tested positive for alcohol as part of the NFL's (strict) Substance Abuse Policy. My guess is this is part of the new policy recently enacted which helped get Gordon reinstated 3/4 through this season. He knew the parameters and could not help himself, as dumb as it may sound that he got caught with just alcohol in his system. He was subject to the test because of his DWI last summer.

 

I get failing a sobriety test, but beyond that, how long does alcohol stay in one's system? I am interested to see how this is even conducted.

 

 

Alcohol only stays hours, so to detect it, some provisions will have you call in to a PO each day and you find out if you have a test. There are some other ones too though. One, there's a breathalyzer with a camera you have that you have to blow into within a certain time of it going off. Not really a test for it that is reasonable in terms of you being able to have it conducted like someone would a urine or hair test.

 

Definitely some issues that can come up with it. I know the later one on blowing in the breathalyzer because a friend worked at a criminal defense firm and did it while staying sober as a test because some of their clients were swearing that they shouldn't have failed but did. Not really a scientific study or anything, but I think that something like mouthwash did cause her to fail it when she shouldn't have.

My understanding of drug tests is that you usually know at least a day in advance if you are getting drug tested. Alcohol leaves your system in a matter of hours so he was either wasted the night before and took his test early in the morning, or he drank before he went in to get tested. IMO the NFL shouldn't drug test for marijuana and missing a season for testing positive for alcohol seems too strict, but if he showed up drunk to a drug test he deserves to be punished. You can't fix stupid.

My understanding of drug tests is that you usually know at least a day in advance if you are getting drug tested. Alcohol leaves your system in a matter of hours so he was either wasted the night before and took his test early in the morning, or he drank before he went in to get tested. IMO the NFL shouldn't drug test for marijuana and missing a season for testing positive for alcohol seems too strict, but if he showed up drunk to a drug test he deserves to be punished. You can't fix stupid.

 

I think once you've had prior incidents that you might be subject to random drug tests, might be wrong though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.