Baseball - 11%

Basketball (B) - 5%

Wrestling - 14%

Golf (G) - 19%

Soccer (G) - 21%

Soccer (B) - 35%

Track (G) - 8%

Track (B) - 13%

The public school supporters are right. The playing field is slanted indeed.

Is it safe to assume that 75 - 80% of the 27% is 4A?

You are right on the mark. In the last 30 years. 20 in 4A, 6(5)* in 3A, 1 in 2A, 1 in 1A. So 28(27) of the last 120 = 23.3%(22.5%)

* Hopkinsville had a state title vacated to Cov. Catholic.

The ones left out are a little more lopsided, girls basketball, girls volleyball. I am not sure what girls and boys cross country would look like though. Boys and girls tennis would be interesting too. How about boys golf?

Girls tennis is 11 out of 23 team titles to the non-public schools. Team titles for girls tennis started in 1982. Most of the singles and doubles titles from 1960 to 1981 were won by girls from Sacred Heart with about a 50/50 split between public and non-public schools.

Boys tennis is pretty gaudy to the non-public side 20 of 23 team titles to the non-public schools. Team titles for the boys also started in 1982. Most of the singles and doubles titles from 1930 to 1981 were won by St. Xavier with about a 66/33 split between the non-public and public schools.

So I wonder… do the publics want the privates out because they are no longer winning every title? This was very eye opening. Clearly, the privates are NOT dominating like the publics want everyone to believe. In many cases, we are barely able to compete. Funny how no one has ever heard us complain. But take away a few titles from the “entitled” and the world has to come to an end. Funny.

I think if you look at the very short term, the last few years, then it appears the non-public schools are winning a larger proportion of the championships. Over the longer term they are slightly ahead of proportion in some sports and have clearly dominated some and are below proportion in a few. I want everyone to compete for the same trophy. My question is, why do the non-public schools want to compete against the public schools? Many of non-public school supporters feel that the athletics at their schools are superior due to alumni, hard work, coaching, etc. Remember I am against the split, but I am interested to hear the opinions on this.