Damien Harris commits to Alabama

PurplePride92

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question....if you were good enough, how many here would turn down Alabama to stay home?

I sure as hell wouldn't.

This is Karma for UK basketball lol. I think Arkansas flipped out when Archie spurned them a few years ago

Serious question....if you were good enough, how many here would turn down Alabama to stay home?

I sure as hell wouldn't.

I honestly don't know. I'd definitely listen to all the big schools.

It would be hard to turn down Bama because of the chance at winning and the players they put in the NFL.

He will be in the mix for the number 3 back/Number 2 if Drake doesnt heal right.

They also return Tyren Jones, who moved up to #3 behind Henry when Drake went down. I think that he may gotten suspended for a few games and gotten himself into the doghouse.

I think the fact that UK was in the conversation says a lot about where Stoops is with the program. Harris staying at UK would've been like Cousins picking Alabama basketball over UK a few years back.

For me (just my opinion), it annoys me when a kid makes his mind up and knows where he is going, but still leads the other schools on with false hope.

I'm not criticizing Harris or any recruit, but that really annoys me. And yes, I realize UK basketball recruits do this sort of thing all the time. They annoy me too.

Can't blame him for picking Runningback U. It was fun being in the running for the best RB in the country for this long. UK football is still on the rise! I confidently say that every Louisville Cardinal fan let out a sigh of relief when Damien said he was headed for Tuscaloosa. :thumb: Good luck to the young man and I hope he has a Heisman winning career at Bama.

In Boom We Trust!

For me (just my opinion), it annoys me when a kid makes his mind up and knows where he is going, but still leads the other schools on with false hope.

I'm not criticizing Harris or any recruit, but that really annoys me. And yes, I realize UK basketball recruits do this sort of thing all the time. They annoy me too.

Do you think the fact that Mr Football was announced last week play into the timing of his announcement? When is the deadline for submitting votes?

Sometimes they "know" but they want to make sure, so they let the idea set in for awhile. Also, for him maybe his head said Bama and his heart said UK and he left time to be swayed so that his head and heart were in the same place.

All I would like for a recruit to do is stick to their commitment, unless something drastically changes at the school they initially chose.

Do you think the fact that Mr Football was announced last week play into the timing of his announcement? When is the deadline for submitting votes?

Yes, absolutely. He asked on his Twitter account in mid-December (when his original announcement was supposed to be) when the Mr. Football announcement was. Seems like when he found out when that announcement was he pushed his own back.