Damien Harris commits to Alabama

PurplePride92

Do you think the fact that Mr Football was announced last week play into the timing of his announcement? When is the deadline for submitting votes?

He originally was going to do it the 13th before he got hurt. Then he got hurt and decided to push the UK visit back to then. It kinda snowballed things for today. I don't think Mr KY Football factored in at all. He doesn't seem like that kind of kid

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes they "know" but they want to make sure, so they let the idea set in for awhile. Also, for him maybe his head said Bama and his heart said UK and he left time to be swayed so that his head and heart were in the same place.

All I would like for a recruit to do is stick to their commitment, unless something drastically changes at the school they initially chose.

Yeah and sometimes they "know" and just want to take advantage of the situation to get into games and other perks.

I'm not saying this is what Harris did, but I find that annoying. Especially knowing how hard coaches work to recruit kids and the effort it takes to travel all over the place.

"He" may have known back in November, however I believe momma Harris wanted him to stay home. I think even though he knew what he wanted to do, he was still entertaining his mother's thoughts and opinions.

I was unable to watch the press conference, but on a UK site there are several people claiming that moma Harris could be heard telling Damien, "we don't have to do this right now, we can think it over more." Whether she said that or not, I don't know. But there are multiple people on another site claiming that.

For me (just my opinion), it annoys me when a kid makes his mind up and knows where he is going, but still leads the other schools on with false hope.

I'm not criticizing Harris or any recruit, but that really annoys me. And yes, I realize UK basketball recruits do this sort of thing all the time. They annoy me too.

It used to bother me, but having been there and done that as a player in college, coaches at those levels lead kids on all the time (here today, gone tomorrow...try and sell you the moon and everything that comes with it....talk all their talk, and will leave for the next job before their current one is over--end of season to bowl game)....kind of gives them a little taste.

...but, I completely understand what you are saying.

He originally was going to do it the 13th before he got hurt. Then he got hurt and decided to push the UK visit back to then. It kinda snowballed things for today. I don't think Mr KY Football factored in at all. He doesn't seem like that kind of kid

I don't think that Mr Football had anything to do with his decision of where he was going but I am also sure it has EVERYTHING to do with when he was announcing because he wanted to win that award bad and didn't want his decision to go to Alabama to affect him winning the award or upsetting BBN for all the support they have given him.

I I think he thought if he made his decision earlier there he would have no chance of winning.

You are one of few. Check Twitter, your fellow Cards fans are soaking it up.

A lesson I've personally learned: Don't lump everyone into the same group based on what you see on Twitter. Most of the time, it brings out the worst in people.

I could probably ask 20 of my closest UL buddies who Damien Harris is, and they wouldn't have a clue. If it weren't for BGP, I wouldn't know either.

Can't blame him for picking Runningback U. It was fun being in the running for the best RB in the country for this long. UK football is still on the rise! I confidently say that every Louisville Cardinal fan let out a sigh of relief when Damien said he was headed for Tuscaloosa. :thumb: Good luck to the young man and I hope he has a Heisman winning career at Bama.

In Boom We Trust!

You are wrong! This is one Cardinal fan that would welcome him playing for the Cats. Why should the Cards worry about 1 player. They recruit too.

Also not all 5 stars turn out to be studs.