St Petersburg, man throws 5 year old daughter off bridge, killing her.

Watusi

Florida Dad Charged With Murder After Throwing 5-Year-Old Daughter Off Bridge

A 5-year-old girl is dead today in St. Petersburg, Florida, after her 25-year-old father reportedly threw her off a bridge just after midnight.

John Nicholas Jonchuck, Jr., allegedly tossed his daughter, Phoebe, from the Dick Misener Bridge near the Sunshine Skyway, reports ABC Action News. A police officer was returning home from work on the I-275 when he says he witnessed Jonchuck driving at 100 miles per hour in his Chrysler PT Cruiser.

The cop reportedly turned on his lights with the intention of pulling the driver over for speeding, but says Jonchuck did not stop his vehicle. Instead, he says he saw the man get out on the Dick Misener Bridge and throw his little girl over the railing.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am horrified by this. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how anyone could do this to a child, let alone your own child. This wasn't a baby who wasn't aware of what was happening (this would not be any less horrific)-this was a 5 year old who was very cognizant of what was taking place. For me, that's the toughest thing to realize. I can't imagine how her final moments were...

Wow. I hate to say it, but I'd be the worst police officer of all time. I'd have just shot him. I know that doesn't bring the child back, but I'd really just have split his head like a canoe.

I know it wasn't your intention, but I lost it at the bolded. :lol: :lol: