St Petersburg, man throws 5 year old daughter off bridge, killing her.

Watusi

Sounds like he may have been really mentally disturbed.

If that was the case, and the attorney reported it, then where is the breakdown? Is there anything that could have been done to prevent this from happening?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like he may have been really mentally disturbed.

If that was the case, and the attorney reported it, then where is the breakdown? Is there anything that could have been done to prevent this from happening?

DCF is way undermanned. Has been for years. Their "new" four hour policy would not have saved Phoebe.

Given the police records on the father, how bad must the mother have been for him to have custody? Florida judges are famous for giving the mothers complete benefit of the doubt and custody, who really should not have it, over the father.

I hope that whoever his lawyer is mails in this case. He doesn't deserve a defense. He should have to go it alone. I don't think I could wish up a harsh enough punishment for this fella. Public draw and quarter would be my first choice.

Actually he should be tossed off the same bridge and if he survives, make sure a picture of his daughter from the crime scene is permanently installed on all three walls of his jail cell so he never forgets.

Not for the death penalty for two reasons...(1) if the justice system makes a mistake (which it does multiple times every day) and executes an innocent person, the mistake cannot be reversed and (2) a poor man has a much better chance of being sentenced to death than a rich one.

That being said, this guy deserves the worst. Death may be better than what will probably happen to him in prison. Other inmates will not be real understanding of him as they do not like child murderers and molesters. My guess is they will take turns making this guy's life in prison a living hell...at least I hope so.

Innocent people are executed multiple times daily? Is that what you said?

Not for the death penalty for two reasons...(1) if the justice system makes a mistake (which it does multiple times every day) and executes an innocent person, the mistake cannot be reversed and (2) a poor man has a much better chance of being sentenced to death than a rich one.

That being said, this guy deserves the worst. Death may be better than what will probably happen to him in prison. Other inmates will not be real understanding of him as they do not like child murderers and molesters. My guess is they will take turns making this guy's life in prison a living hell...at least I hope so.

I agree on some cases and with a lot of what you posted. But this guy was seen committing the crime. Like I said, if ever there was a case for it.

Innocent people are executed multiple times daily? Is that what you said?

No, I said the justice system makes mistakes every day. The problem is that if it makes a mistake in executing someone, it cannot be reversed if later found out they had the wrong guy.

I agree on some cases and with a lot of what you posted. But this guy was seen committing the crime. Like I said, if ever there was a case for it.

I hear you RTS. If he is sentenced to death, while I am still not for the death penalty for the reasons I posted, I will not lose any sleep over this clown.