Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Antonio or AJ?

Featured Replies

Oops. I thought you said Green said "my bad." I need to retract that point.

No problem. It's post #18 in the game thread.

 

Either way AJ didn't help matters tonight. The only bright side on offense tonight was Hill and Gio again. This team won't go too far until they can stretch the field. The Steelers played 8 men in the box most of the game because even our pass plays we're just like last week and short 1 yard throws most of the time.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richard Skinner ‏@nkyskinner 4m4 minutes ago

A.J. Green took the blame for the second Dalton INT and Dalton likewise took the blame. Maybe 50-50.

With as many times as Dalton has hung AJ out to get crushed with high throws most of the time, I'm wondering if AJ is getting a little hesitant. It's like when a QB gets crushed a lot and starts hearing footsteps and is never the same, AJ may feel like that with Dalton putting him in some really bad positions over the last 4 years.

Brown and it's not even close. Throw in his punt return ability and it's an even larger gap. Brown is elite, AJ is not.

 

You can't look at numbers. AJ had 8 catches for 82 yards last night. Meaningless. Just like Dalton. Last game against Pittsburgh he completed 75% of his passes and had 300 yards. Meaningless.

The thing thats bothering me about AJ is his fraility. I'd go with Brown right now.

On the first interception, isn't one of the reasons for having AJ, so that you can throw some of those "Go up and get it balls". AJ just quit on it.

 

Big AJ Fan. But I'm taking Brown, real life and fantasy football. He's more electrifying. I'm sure he has, but I feel like I've never seen him drop a ball. Guy has 7+ catches, just about every game.

Don't need to even think about that one.

 

Brown.

Brown was the best in the NFL this year (with the possible exception of Dez)...shows up EVERY single week. Almost never has a bad game. I still love AJ though. The danger of these comparisons is that if you pick one guy, it sounds like you don't like the other. I think AJ is awesome - an elite talent who had an injury plagued year and played with a QB who struggled all year. Brown has just taken his game to another level the past two years.

Brown was the best in the NFL this year (with the possible exception of Dez)...shows up EVERY single week. Almost never has a bad game. I still love AJ though.

 

That's what I think sets him above AJ, his consistency.

I'd take both.:clap:

 

I think the overriding issue in Pittsburgh is how AB goes about his work in practice. He practices how he plays, and that carries over to the other receivers in the group. It will pay huge dividends for the young kids like Wheaton and Bryant.

Your answer tells me the receiver is only good because of his QB. I don't buy that.

 

The way you present the question is loaded. What kind of offense are you running? If Green is in Pittsburgh's offense, he has huge numbers b/c the QB has a huge arm. He can get behind any defense. I think that Brown is much more versatile. He can line up in the slot, split wide, run every route. I like Brown's versatility and mental make up over what Green presently gives.

If I could take any WR/QB combo it definitely wouldn't be any of these two. I'd take Cobb/Rogers

Brown every day of the week. Green disappears in primetime games every bit as much as Dalton does.

If I could take any WR/QB combo it definitely wouldn't be any of these two. I'd take Cobb/Rogers

 

Cobb over Jordy Nelson?

Cobb over Jordy Nelson?

I thought about Jordy but Cobb is such a kick return threat also which gave him the nod.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.