What's up with Dixie?

Why does it seem like you don't want to score? Why will none of these coaches spread the floor and drive the ball to the basket? What's the worse thing that could happen? A foul? A made basket? What ever happened to the fast break? Get the ball out and run the floor? I'm so confused by what I've seen so far this season.

Why does it seem like you don't want to score? Why will none of these coaches spread the floor and drive the ball to the basket? What's the worse thing that could happen? A foul? A made basket? What ever happened to the fast break? Get the ball out and run the floor? I'm so confused by what I've seen so far this season.

How many minutes are these coaches getting per game?

I read this thread without knowing it was girls. Assumed it was boys. Also assumed my guy Ennam got a new ID.

First of all Merry Christmas to the Preps family. First of all I don't get to see much Dixie basketball.(usually at the regionals) So I'm bored so I did the next best thing, I looked up the stats. Dixie currently has a 6-5 record with 1 game left before the new year.(could be 7-5 or 6-6) Then I looked up the stats from the past 3 seasons: 2013 6-6 2012 5-8 2011 3-11. Seemed like the schedules were comparable in teams played so the numbers say Dixie is improving. So I understand your frustation but let the season play out and see what happens. Team chemisty means a lot, so maybe they will gel. By the way Dixie hasn't finished the year over 500 is the last 3 seasons so looks like your on your way. Keep the faith.

Difficult to understand. Dixie has some good talent but constant turnovers hurts the team....

I agree with the talent at Dixie. However, the 9th region teams all have talent this year and many have A LOT of talent. Girl's bball seems to get better and better every year because of influx of AAU players starting to really come on the scene. Yes, we've had AAU players in the past, but today's teams are filled with AAU players and their backups. The depth of talent keeps getting better and better. So where a team may have talent and even more than they have in the past, others may still have more and that can be tough to overcome. Just enjoy.

Do you really think coaches do not want their players to drive to the basket or SHOOT?!?!? the worse thing that can happen is a person who does not know the game accuse a coaching staff of not knowing how to coach, especially since that coaching staff has hall of fame players and all American players. I do believe they are taking a program who teams have never feared and turing them into a program who can compete with the big name programs. So these coaches know how to coach and they are getting the best out of the players that they are coaching while trying to teach them a game which can not be taught in the first 10 games of a season.

you're confused because you probably have never been a point guard who has seen a press and good defense. The teams that Dixie plays are pretty good teams. So if you were expecting Dixie to be 11-0, then you probably should move to Jupiter. These girls and that coaching staff are going to be successful. especially with silly quotes like this.

you're confused because you probably have never been a point guard who has seen a press and good defense. The teams that Dixie plays are pretty good teams. So if you were expecting Dixie to be 11-0' date=' then you probably should move to Jupiter. These girls and that coaching staff are going to be successful. especially with silly quotes like this.[/quote']

Seems as if u are the one confused I know a lot more than u think about these girls and actually I have been a point guard facing a press.. No one said anything about a 11 - 0 but I did say that for the most part the game plan is jacked up..

Seems as if u are the one confused I know a lot more than u think about these girls and actually I have been a point guard facing a press.. No one said anything about a 11 - 0 but I did say that for the most part the game plan is jacked up..

Okay...Let's do this. Go get a box and some Christmas wrapping paper...I'm sure you have some laying around. Wrap your coach up, put a big bow on her forehead and address "return to sender" in care of Coach Richey. We would gladly take her back on our staff!!! I'm sure Coach Richey would find a spot! The kids loved her as well as the fans! And BTW...it's one more good coach we wouldn't have to play against!!!

Be careful what you wish for.

you were a point guard facing a intramural press which basically does not exist so nice try. if you know these girls well, then why don't you tell them to follow the coaches game plan and you can be happy. however you don't seem to know much about anything but to get on a website and talk a lot about nothing.