Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Jaggers resigns from Larue County

Featured Replies

Happened this morning. He spoke with the team to let them know already.

 

This is a perfect example of how loyalty isn't always rewarded. This is a perfect example of win-now attitudes by the schools and how the "shaping of young men" and "character building" and all the other adjectives applied to coaches with losing records is always crap. This is why I pretty much always side with coaches over the administration.

 

Josh Jaggers is a young up and coming coach. Football is in his DNA. But yet, none of that matters and it's all about wins and losses. Nevermind that the entire school is down in every sport. Nevermind that this once powerful wrestling powerhouse school isn't like it used to be. Nevermind that the entire school is on the back legs of the cycle of rural athletes that plague many rural counties in our state. Jaggers could have and should have left last year or the year before when numerous job opportunites popped up but each time he pulled his name out of contention for jobs as quickly as it was put in. Why? Because Larue County had been great to him and loyal to him and he felt he owed Larue County that same loyalty in return. He also LOVED his young kids coming through the system and felt like in another year or so things were going to turn around. There's no telling what Jaggers could have been doing at this point had he left for greener pastures a year or two ago.

 

Now closed door politics have forced him out. He will bounce back for sure but he deserved better from a school he gave so much to. His loyalty shouldn't have been trampled on the way it was this morning.

 

From what I gathered this came from above the Principal and the AD and there aren't many happy people in Larue County right now.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that for Coach Jaggers and his family. I truly hope he bounces back and lands another coaching job soon. Good luck to him and to the LaRue Co team moving forward.

 

Coaching is a tough business. Unfortunately, it sometimes is a carousel ride.

Sometimes getting let go of from a bad place is the best thing that ever happens to a career...

 

Jaggers will look back someday at Larue and enjoy the view from where he is.

I hate to see any coach get shafted like that. So many hours invested by all coaches but especially a head coach. Best of luck with future endeavors coach Jagger's!

Most often, the kids will have to overcome the most adversity in these situations and that is unfortunate. Coach Jaggers is well above average from the handful of Larue Co. games I have seen over the last few seasons. I'm guessing it won't be long before he has a new opportunity, and I wish him well.

McCracken

Moore

Waggener

Seneca

J-town

Knott County Central

Clay County

Hopkins Central

Clay County

Hancock County

Calloway County

Union County

Carroll County

Daviess County

Jackson County

 

He could any of these jobs. Quality guy that stayed when I'm sure he had offers last year

Josh's dad is in Trigg County, mom is in Danville, grandparents in Elizabethtown, and wife is from Marion County. He'll likely have options all over the place.

  • Author

I heard a petition is being started by parents and that at least three board members are livid over Jaggers being forced out.

I heard a petition is being started by parents and that at least three board members are livid over Jaggers being forced out.

 

Will Josh take it back if asked? Seems like a coach in Eastern Kentucky had this happen last year. I can't remember where it was. Board members forced the Admin to ask the guy back. Anyone know the school that I'm talking about? Also, you would think the super. would realize the ramifications that letting go (forcing out) a coach as popular as Josh Jaggers. If the talent is down how is a coaching change going to really make a difference. It's just ridiculous how school leadership preaches all this virtue and character message to kids and communities but typically have no loyalty to anyone but themselves and their job. I have encountered both good and Bad administrators over the years. It's obvious and almost shocking when you work for one that is both honest, fair and supportive during good and bad times. The vast majority of these admins. are not on their coaches side due to their own lack of self confidence and inability to not listen to a minority of naysayers or complainers who every HC deals with at some point in there career. If truth be told JJ probably ticked off someone or some little Johny's mom or dad not ever intending to. Probably a position or playing time issue. So those folks most likely had enough influence to use the win loss record against Josh. He will be better off in the long haul from this situation. Maybe not immediately but eventually. Keep your head up and be proud Josh. You are a football coach; the most important person in many young men's lives. In the coaching community we need to support these young coaches and let them know we appreciate them! Thanks Josh for all that you do for kids!

Happened this morning. He spoke with the team to let them know already.

 

This is a perfect example of how loyalty isn't always rewarded. This is a perfect example of win-now attitudes by the schools and how the "shaping of young men" and "character building" and all the other adjectives applied to coaches with losing records is always crap. This is why I pretty much always side with coaches over the administration.

 

Josh Jaggers is a young up and coming coach. Football is in his DNA. But yet, none of that matters and it's all about wins and losses. Nevermind that the entire school is down in every sport. Nevermind that this once powerful wrestling powerhouse school isn't like it used to be. Nevermind that the entire school is on the back legs of the cycle of rural athletes that plague many rural counties in our state. Jaggers could have and should have left last year or the year before when numerous job opportunites popped up but each time he pulled his name out of contention for jobs as quickly as it was put in. Why? Because Larue County had been great to him and loyal to him and he felt he owed Larue County that same loyalty in return. He also LOVED his young kids coming through the system and felt like in another year or so things were going to turn around. There's no telling what Jaggers could have been doing at this point had he left for greener pastures a year or two ago.

 

Now closed door politics have forced him out. He will bounce back for sure but he deserved better from a school he gave so much to. His loyalty shouldn't have been trampled on the way it was this morning.

 

From what I gathered this came from above the Principal and the AD and there aren't many happy people in Larue County right now.

 

Well said purplepride. I'm from NKY and have no familiarity with the Hawks' football program. However, it does sound like this guy was what any decent program needs. He seems well respected on and off the field. You can't have enough of these coaches in rural towns. I hope he lands in a better situation and can continue to serve young men by making them better footballs players and even better people. Keep us posted on his next endeavors and Larue's next decision or hire.

  • Author
Well said purplepride. I'm from NKY and have no familiarity with the Hawks' football program. However, it does sound like this guy was what any decent program needs. He seems well respected on and off the field. You can't have enough of these coaches in rural towns. I hope he lands in a better situation and can continue to serve young men by making them better footballs players and even better people. Keep us posted on his next endeavors and Larue's next decision or hire.

 

Thank you. And will do.

  • Author
Will Josh take it back if asked? Seems like a coach in Eastern Kentucky had this happen last year. I can't remember where it was. Board members forced the Admin to ask the guy back. Anyone know the school that I'm talking about? Also, you would think the super. would realize the ramifications that letting go (forcing out) a coach as popular as Josh Jaggers. If the talent is down how is a coaching change going to really make a difference. It's just ridiculous how school leadership preaches all this virtue and character message to kids and communities but typically have no loyalty to anyone but themselves and their job. I have encountered both good and Bad administrators over the years. It's obvious and almost shocking when you work for one that is both honest, fair and supportive during good and bad times. The vast majority of these admins. are not on their coaches side due to their own lack of self confidence and inability to not listen to a minority of naysayers or complainers who every HC deals with at some point in there career. If truth be told JJ probably ticked off someone or some little Johny's mom or dad not ever intending to. Probably a position or playing time issue. So those folks most likely had enough influence to use the win loss record against Josh. He will be better off in the long haul from this situation. Maybe not immediately but eventually. Keep your head up and be proud Josh. You are a football coach; the most important person in many young men's lives. In the coaching community we need to support these young coaches and let them know we appreciate them! Thanks Josh for all that you do for kids!

 

I don't know if he would take it back or not. I know he loved the area, loved the community, loved his teaching job and most importantly he really loved those kids. He was totally blindsided by all of this and everything I have heard is that some fella by the name of Sanders is behind of it. I was told the AD took it harder than Josh did.

The good ol' boy system gets another ...

Will Josh take it back if asked? Seems like a coach in Eastern Kentucky had this happen last year. I can't remember where it was. Board members forced the Admin to ask the guy back. Anyone know the school that I'm talking about? Also, you would think the super. would realize the ramifications that letting go (forcing out) a coach as popular as Josh Jaggers. If the talent is down how is a coaching change going to really make a difference. It's just ridiculous how school leadership preaches all this virtue and character message to kids and communities but typically have no loyalty to anyone but themselves and their job. I have encountered both good and Bad administrators over the years. It's obvious and almost shocking when you work for one that is both honest, fair and supportive during good and bad times. The vast majority of these admins. are not on their coaches side due to their own lack of self confidence and inability to not listen to a minority of naysayers or complainers who every HC deals with at some point in there career. If truth be told JJ probably ticked off someone or some little Johny's mom or dad not ever intending to. Probably a position or playing time issue. So those folks most likely had enough influence to use the win loss record against Josh. He will be better off in the long haul from this situation. Maybe not immediately but eventually. Keep your head up and be proud Josh. You are a football coach; the most important person in many young men's lives. In the coaching community we need to support these young coaches and let them know we appreciate them! Thanks Josh for all that you do for kids!

 

It was Sheldon Clark's coach Shawn Hager, who had the support of parents and players, which got him reinstated rather quickly. It seems that he never should have been let go in the first place, though I must admit some bias, as I grew up with Shawn and we were football and basketball teammates. I haven't seen the guy in over 20 years, but I'd bet my last dollar that he's a good coach.

Josh is first class and I know didn't see this coming. Neither did the principal and AD. The Hawks are set for the next 3 years and have the talent in place for success. Bad part is whomever they bring in will look like Lombardi and the super will be able to say see, I told you we needed a change. That really is a shame. I am VERY close to this school and Josh and can say I am disappointed. Loyalty used to matter, it used the be the fabric of trust and stability..just a dang shame that we are seeing a trend in this state when the pay is often less than 15% of the teaching pay. I understand if coaches are making a livable salary to coach, but this is KY. We are 20 years behind TX, FL, LA, GA, SC, AL, AR...etc. This should be about the kids. I could understand if he got a DUI, or his 3rd DUI and was off to the penn, or if he screwed a kid, but clearly that DIDNT happen. Loyalty mean squat anymore and a handshake is a fools contract. Before long you will have programs that have vacancies that wont be filled, and that's not good for anyone. Josh will be fine. Josh will move on. LaRue will be fine. LaRue will move on. It's just a shame they couldn't move along together. Keep your head up brother...let's go play golf and forget coaching!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.