Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 56 Columbia 46

Featured Replies

No.. I mean the 2 guys that shot around 45-50% from three and fg's prior to that..

 

But I'm happy with whatever helps you sleep better.

 

Neither one of them has done anything against decent competition.

 

Booker is 18-24 and 12-17 against Boston U, Montana State and UT-Arlington. Against everyone else he is 8-37 for 21.6% from the field and 2-22 for 9% from 3. He had 3 good games in a row, that's it.

 

Ulis was 9-11 and 7-9 from 3 against Buffalo, Montana State and Grand Canyon. Against everyone else he is 6-18 for 33% and 1-6 for 17% from 3.

 

If you are depending on either one of them to consistently light it up against real competition at this point you might be in trouble. Both have had 3 good games.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel confident in Booker's outside shooting ability. I don't in Ulis but if he's wide open, he's gotta shoot it.

The only person whos outside shooting bothers me is Poythress. I've said it since the Bahamas. You cant roll out 2 giants underneath and Poythress at the 3 if he can't space the floor and hit 3's.

Poythress seems to me to be the "odd guy out" in all this. With so many bigs playing so well Poythress is kind of looking like the guy that is getting "pushed" to the three. The sad thing is I think if given playing time at the 4 he would play well, he just is not as good as the others playing their now.

Poythress seems to me to be the "odd guy out" in all this. With so many bigs playing so well Poythress is kind of looking like the guy that is getting "pushed" to the three. The sad thing is I think if given playing time at the 4 he would play well, he just is not as good as the others playing their now.

 

And I think Lyles will start stealing his time at the three.

I mentioned on Twitter and HT agreed, I feel like Andrew Harrison needs to get back to basics with his shot and focus on the fundamentals on shooting. I feel like he never holds his follow through, especially on the one that he airballed last night. His brother does a pretty good job with his follow through. If I'm Aaron, I focus hard on that over the next 2-3 weeks in Camp Cal.

I agree. He appears to not be following through with his shot, and he's also falling slightly backwards as he shoots it.

I also think the snowball effect is working on them when the shots aren't falling. They start thinking about it too much. They need to relax and let the game come to them.

Guys, if you played basketball then you would have to understand how hard it is to get up for games like this. I hated playing teams I knew we were much better than.Kentucky will be ready and energized for Carolina!

 

I don't buy that at all. Just a lame excuse.

Booker "tweaked" his knee and Ullis has some sort of "sickness." Booker was walking just fine and Ullis didn't look like he was needing doctors care. If UNC or UL were playing UK tonight, both of them would have dressed.

Ulis has a small limp and Booker has a shoulder issue, with Ulis the more likely of the two to be ready in time for the game. Calipari said that if Tyler and Devin don’t practice today, they won’t play against the Tarheels on Saturday.

I like all the UK bashing even when they win. Truth be known,behind all these names that throw out how bad UK is,none of them look forward to playing this awful team. I would probably say most of them would rather play about any other team if they had a choice.LOL!

Not exactly.. UK was missing two of their best shooters.

 

From the second unit. The first 5 were basically the same

 

From the second unit. The first 5 were basically the same

 

There is no second unit. They are reinforcements. Part of the platoon system. That said, Kentucky was still missing two of their best shooters.

 

I guess there will always be something to complain about. But some of you seem to have a "the sky is falling" attitude. Even though the team is undefeated and has won every game by double digits.

The bar is obviously set quite high in Lexington this year.

There is no second unit. They are reinforcements. Part of the platoon system. That said, Kentucky was still missing two of their best shooters.

 

I guess there will always be something to complain about. But some of you seem to have a "the sky is falling" attitude. Even though the team is undefeated and has won every game by double digits.

 

Seriously?? Using Cal speak??? I never said anything bad. I said that this was a great opponent to have at this time of the year.

 

Seriously?? Using Cal speak??? I never said anything bad. I said that this was a great opponent to have at this time of the year.

 

I'm just saying you can't judge the offense from this one game, or any other for that matter. Cal hasn't even had a chance to work on offense yet, that will happen in the next few weeks.

 

I'm not saying your one of them, but even though the team is undefeated "fans" of the program want to focus on the offense, which is actually rated one of the top 5 in the NCAA. No one even bothers to look at the defensive stats, which is what wins championships. Offense wins games. That said, even when UK's offense has looked bad, they have still won by 10+.

 

No need to worry guys, camp Cal is about to start. As far as what you said about "Cal speak," he has been a straight shooter from the beginning. He has critisized his teams even when they were loaded, he has been right in most cases.

I'm just saying you can't judge the offense from this one game, or any other for that matter. Cal hasn't even had a chance to work on offense yet, that will happen in the next few weeks.

 

I'm not saying your one of them, but even though the team is undefeated "fans" of the program want to focus on the offense, which is actually rated one of the top 5 in the NCAA. No one even bothers to look at the defensive stats, which is what wins championships. Offense wins games. That said, even when UK's offense has looked bad, they have still won by 10+.

 

No need to worry guys, camp Cal is about to start. As far as what you said about "Cal speak," he has been a straight shooter from the beginning. He has critisized his teams even when they were loaded, he has been right in most cases.

I am with you. What I was saying is that this is the type of offense that teams will play come tourney time. This game would be like testing your lifts before a conditioning program. In March, we will look back at this and be amazed at how far they have come offensively.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.