December 11, 201411 yr Uh no, they are both hurt. Booker "tweaked" his knee and Ullis has some sort of "sickness." Booker was walking just fine and Ullis didn't look like he was needing doctors care. If UNC or UL were playing UK tonight, both of them would have dressed.
December 11, 201411 yr This was a great game for UK. Methodical opponent who dictated a slow, half court game. This lays a baseline to judge UK's offense going forward.
December 11, 201411 yr 36% - Field Goal Percentage 11% - 3 Pt. Percentage 58% - Free Throw Percentage I take back my prediction that UK will beat UL by 20+. Those are pitiful #s. I saw the first half. Zero percent chance Louisville takes care of the ball as well as Columbia did. That first half was impressive with how the picked their moments to make a play.
December 11, 201411 yr This was a great game for UK. Methodical opponent who dictated a slow' date=' half court game. This lays a baseline to judge UK's offense going forward.[/quote'] Not exactly.. UK was missing two of their best shooters.
December 11, 201411 yr That's the formula to give the Cats fits. Slow, methodical offense that can take care of the ball. Pack it in with a zoe and hope they are as cold as tonight. No way you beat UK playing man to man and let them pound it inside. If this type of team comes along that can hit 3's, that will be the team that beats them. They will lose a couple, it is hard to keep 18-21 year olds interested every game.
December 11, 201411 yr That's the formula to give the Cats fits. Slow' date=' methodical offense that can take care of the ball. If this type of team comes along that can hit 3's, that will be the team that beats them. They will lose a couple, it is hard to keep 18-21 year olds interested every game.[/quote'] The thing is, this UK won't be the same team in April as it is now. By April, they will be much tougher to beat. That aside, they haven't had a single digit win or loss at this point of the season. All while playing one of the toughest schedules of any other top 25 team.
December 11, 201411 yr Booker "tweaked" his knee and Ullis has some sort of "sickness." Booker was walking just fine and Ullis didn't look like he was needing doctors care. If UNC or UL were playing UK tonight, both of them would have dressed. Walking fine does not mean that he can run up and down the floor as well as making sharp cuts or moves either straight ahead or laterally. Just being sick doesn't mean you need a doctor'so care. He may not have been able to practice the last few days and thus sass kept out of the game as a precaution. Also he could have been sick but not contagious and thus was allowed to be at the game. Don't judgr a book by its cover as there is a lot more to it than that. Cal and his staff know more about the situation than any on BGP so it's a bit of a reach to say he was experimenting with the lineups based your reasoning.
December 11, 201411 yr Don't judgr a book by its cover as there is a lot more to it than that. Cal and his staff know more about the situation than any on BGP so it's a bit of a reach to say he was experimenting with the lineups based your reasoning. Exactly, just as its a reach to condem UK on one game. This will be the most scrutinized team in history. If they don't beat "said" team by 20, everyone will be looking for their faults. This game their fault was bad shooting, yet they were missing two of their best shooters. Maybe I'm insane, but I believe both of the two that sat tonight would have played had Cal thought they needed to, to win. Even when this team has a full roster and shoots bad, they win by double digits against top 10 teams. Even when this team is without a player or two, they win by double digits. So with these mysterious injuries and sicknesses, what can you tell me that would make me believe it isnt just Cal switching up the lineup to see how it works with different players, in case he has to do that down the road? Sounds like good game preparation to me.
December 11, 201411 yr Not exactly.. UK was missing two of their best shooters. You mean the 2 guys that had combined to go 2-18 from the field and 0-10 on 3's the last 2 games?
December 11, 201411 yr You mean the 2 guys that had combined to go 2-18 from the field and 0-10 on 3's the last 2 games? No.. I mean the 2 guys that shot around 45-50% from three and fg's prior to that.. But I'm happy with whatever helps you sleep better.
December 11, 201411 yr Another game that the Cats just came out flat, uninspired. Columbia came in playing with nothing to lose and just left everything they had on the floor, started hitting three's and it became contagious. U.K.'s depth wore them down in the 2nd half. I wasn't impressed with U.K.'s effort tonight at all. I do believe they will come out strong on Saturday, ready to go at it with the Baby blue clad Tarheels.
December 11, 201411 yr You mean the 2 guys that had combined to go 2-18 from the field and 0-10 on 3's the last 2 games?That's pretty good by UK standards.
December 11, 201411 yr They didn't play very well offensively, seems to be a trend, but in they still grinded out a win and held a team to under 50 points. Its not an excuse and I'd want to demolish everyone I played, at least that's how our fraternity team was, but maybe its just tough to get pumped for these games. Heck, I'd be thrilled with these games because it means I wasn't in Camp Cal. I thought Columbia showed a lot of grit.
December 11, 201411 yr I mentioned on Twitter and HT agreed, I feel like Andrew Harrison needs to get back to basics with his shot and focus on the fundamentals on shooting. I feel like he never holds his follow through, especially on the one that he airballed last night. His brother does a pretty good job with his follow through. If I'm Aaron, I focus hard on that over the next 2-3 weeks in Camp Cal.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.