Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No Indictment in Ferguson Case

Featured Replies

  • Replies 886
  • Views 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a couple of observations.

 

1. A 12 year old boy in Cleveland was gunned down by police for carrying an airsoft gun. The boy was black yet there is no outrage, why? My guess is the policeman involved is also black.

 

2. Why are we as a nation so concerned with the influx of Mexicans? Look at how our own citizens behave, seriously I would trade these jokers that are looting and destroying property for a group of illegal ailens anyday.

The lack of leadership in Ferguson has been incredibly visible since August. Where is the mayor? Has anyone seen any council members interviewed by the media? Was the police chief out and visible last night? Who was in charge of the National Guard non-presence fiasco? Was there a plan in place? Why were police cars left alone and made to be targets of the looters?

 

When Katrina flooded New Orleans, Ray Nagin and Russell Honore were the face of the city

 

When 9/11 happened, Rudy Guiliani was the face of the city.

 

When the DC Sniper case was public, you saw leadership from Chief Charles Moose

 

You have seen none of this with Ferguson. No visible leadership. And their city suffered last night because of it.

The lack of leadership in Ferguson has been incredibly visible since August. Where is the mayor? Has anyone seen any council members interviewed by the media? Was the police chief out and visible last night? Who was in charge of the National Guard non-presence fiasco? Was there a plan in place? Why were police cars left alone and made to be targets of the looters?

 

When Katrina flooded New Orleans, Ray Nagin and Russell Honore were the face of the city

 

When 9/11 happened, Rudy Guiliani was the face of the city.

 

When the DC Sniper case was public, you saw leadership from Chief Charles Moose

 

You have seen none of this with Ferguson. No visible leadership. And their city suffered last night because of it.

 

I did see an interview with a city councilwoman. It was just over the phone, though.

The Police were in a no win situation last night. If they tried to have more of a presence then I think they would have incited an even bigger riot then there already was. I don't blame them for sitting back and letting the criminals do whatever they wanted to do. It would have been far worse if they tried to insert their force and stop what was happening.

  • Author
I'm sure I've missed it being covered in all this, but what is the justification for Michael Brown's body being so far away from the cruiser when he suffered the fatal shot(s)? I'm having a hard time grasping that... If the fatal shots were fired at the side of the cruiser, that makes sense. Some 100+ feet away? I just don't see it...

 

Somebody help me understand.

 

He ran.

  • Author

 

Okay, so how far away was Wilson when Brown fell to the ground? I didn't see that on the page HB20 posted.

 

8 to 10 feet is what I read somewhere.

  • Author

 

Agree to disagree then, because it absolutely matters to me.

 

Clearly he started shooting just in time if Brown made it within 8 feet before stopping. According to testimony Wilson was back pedaling while shooting too.

I have a couple of observations. 1. A 12 year old boy in Cleveland was gunned down by police for carrying an airsoft gun. The boy was black yet there is no outrage' date=' why? My guess is the policeman involved is also black. 2. Why are we as a nation so concerned with the influx of Mexicans? Look at how our own citizens behave, seriously I would trade these jokers that are looting and destroying property for a group of illegal ailens anyday.[/quote']

 

 

Plenty of outrage over the Cleveland shooting.

  • Author
1 is true if it is not a police officer.

 

Probably because in most cases police are justified.

I know that has been a talking point but you are going to have to give us more than that. I may be ignorant of the laws, but is there something in place that protects police officers from indictments, regardless of the evidence?

 

I don't know enough about what's going on here to comment, but I'll say this: I'd rather have my hand eaten off by mice than have to be the prosecutor that had to present a homicide case against a cop to a grand jury.

1 is true if it is not a police officer.

 

There's a reason, from an article on Fox:

 

"In a 1989 decision, the Supreme Court shaped the national standard regarding the use of force by officers when they reasonably fear imminent physical harm. The use of force must be evaluated through the “perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene” rather than being judged after the fact, meaning officers are often given the benefit of the doubt by prosecutors and grand jurors are reluctant to second-guess their decisions."

  • Author
There's a reason, from an article on Fox:

 

"In a 1989 decision, the Supreme Court shaped the national standard regarding the use of force by officers when they reasonably fear imminent physical harm. The use of force must be evaluated through the “perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene” rather than being judged after the fact, meaning officers are often given the benefit of the doubt by prosecutors and grand jurors are reluctant to second-guess their decisions."

 

That is difficult for some people to grasp.

  • Author

B3Re_jPIEAAFAd0.jpg

 

Supposedly these are the buildings that were/are on fire/burned down.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.