November 25, 201411 yr Am I the only one still keeping up with Ferguson? :lol2: Not at all. Not posting about the movie theater incident
November 25, 201411 yr This is some of the most pathetic display of humanity I have ever seen. The media is all to blame too. Think of that one kid who was with him statement wasn't blown out of proportion? The media started this and fanned the flames of these riots. I am so disappointed and angry right now I can hardly see straight. I think it's also sad a criminal is being held as a martyr. Don't get me started on the holier than thou people on Twitter spreading ignorance also.
November 25, 201411 yr I'm really anxious to see the numbers from tonight in reference to fatalities, injuries, dollars in damage and merchandise taken.
November 25, 201411 yr Author Agree to disagree, I think we're misinterpreting what the other is saying because I've considered your second and third points and see the validity in them. I was just using the Holmes thing as a situation where it actually turned out that he was more dangerous than the other two people if we're just looking at it as a function of injuries inflicted or intended body count. You are looking at the end result after it's all said and done. It's easy to be a MMQB. Judging them after and judging them at the moment are different. Look at what the officers knew and saw during the time of the arrest...that's why Holmes lived through his arrest and Brown didn't. Had absolutely nothing to do with race.
November 25, 201411 yr If protesting is looting and stealing, then I need to go protesting this weekend so I can save money on Christmas gifts.
November 25, 201411 yr It's sad the people who really have a point and deserve to protest have to deal with criminals. It's not protesters causing all this violence, it's criminals and thugs who just want an excuse to act out.
November 25, 201411 yr When the hell did stealing become ok, especially right in front of cops. Shoot those idiots in the leg or tase the crap out of them. What bull crap, let a bunch of people get mad and be allowed to steal. Hell I'm mad and I ain't going to go stealing and if I do I bet I get arrested.
November 25, 201411 yr You are looking at the end result after it's all said and done. It's easy to be a MMQB. Judging them after and judging them at the moment are different. Look at what the officers knew and saw during the time of the arrest...that's why Holmes lived through his arrest and Brown didn't. Had absolutely nothing to do with race. Fair enough, and I agree with most of what you've said. I think my point in this whole thing has kind of been lost one people. I'm not someone who has said that the kid in Cleveland was blame-free or that I knew what was going on with the Michael Brown stuff (most of what I've read is on here). If you attack an officer and try to grab their gun, I'm definitely not saying that I can't understand the use of deadly force. Like you said, the moment he reached for his gun, he was using deadly force. I'm just saying that as an outsider, putting myself in each of those situations with hindsight being 20/20 (which is really all I'll probably ever personally experience insofar as those go), I think I'd have felt the most threatened in the Aurora one, and that I don't really see there being a reaction any different to that situation if he'd been killed as there was in the situation of Brown or the kid in Cleveland. If Holmes' been killed, most everyone wouldn't have really questioned the officers, if nothing else, they wouldn't have questioned him or her to the extent that they officers in the actual situations have been questioned.
November 25, 201411 yr The scanner just said "the roof is on fire" so now that song is in my head What's a recap of the total damages, injuries, etc. since I've not been paying attention and have gotten the thread off on a tangent?
November 25, 201411 yr Just saw one of the CNN reporters get beaned with a rock while covering some of the fires.
November 25, 201411 yr Taxpayers will be out a lot of money, insurance rates go up with so many claims. But the thugs that are thieving and looting probably live off the government and don't have to worry about anything. Sorry I had to edit for anger. Hate it for a lot of the local businesses paying the price for convicts.
November 25, 201411 yr What's a recap of the total damages, injuries, etc. since I've not been paying attention and have gotten the thread off on a tangent? I've had CNN on in the living room while I've been getting some work done on my computer in the next room, but from what I've seen, they don't seem to have a very accurate "overall" view of things as of yet. They've reported random sporadic gunfire (including some alleged automatic gunfire), although there have not been any reported injuries from shootings. Numerous people have been shown to have been hit by thrown debris - mostly people just standing in crowds. There have been numerous buildings looted, including the liquor store where Michael Brown stole the cigars just before his encounter with Officer Wilson, as well as a McDonald's restaurant. It looks like there are about a 8 or 10 buildings on fire at this point - several stores, a couple restaurants, and some other random buildings including a rather large storage building. The fire department has pulled back from trying to care for the fires due to agitators throwing rocks and bottles, as well as more random gunshots in the vicinity. Police forces in riot gear are focusing on keeping a large perimeter around all of the protesting/rioting, as well as focusing on keeping very secure perimeters around all of the government buildings.
November 25, 201411 yr Anyone else still watching this? Just a sad display of humanity. What is this accomplishing? That's my question
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.