November 25, 201411 yr Firefighters having to retreat from a fire due to shots fired. A lot of shots you can hear on fox
November 25, 201411 yr Every argument you make is as if the police responding know ahead of time everything about the suspects and their intent and whether or not they have play guns or real guns etc. If if you were ever a police officer you would know you never know everything going into a situation. Do you honestly think the officers in Cleveland knew the kid has a BB gun and decided to kill him anyway? In everyone of your incidents you talk about you act as if the responding officers knew everything about the suspects and their intentions that wasn't fully known for months afterwards through investigations were completed. It doesn't happen like it does on CSI Miami and everything is solved in 30 minutes. No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that I think it's weird that people are saying an insane guy who shot 70 people and is still on the scene is less of a threat than a guy who bum rushes an officer or a kid who has a fake gun. I don't understand why people can't see that it's kind of mind-blowing that the guy who just walked into a theater with automatic weapons isn't a threat to safety because he seems compliant and to be surrendering, and that he's less of a threat than Brown or the kid. I wouldn't want to be in the officer's shoes in any of the situations, but that doesn't mean that personally, I wouldn't know which one of them I'd think is the most dangerous.
November 25, 201411 yr Aome other news. Ravens are up 14 with 2 mins left which means for the first time in NFL history that all teams in a division were 3 games over .500 now back to your regularly scheduled looting. And a division leader are 3 games below the division in the NFC South.
November 25, 201411 yr It's sad, but this thread is an instant classic. Can't think of another reporting on a historical riot as it went on.
November 25, 201411 yr And a division leader are 3 games below the division in the NFC South. That is wild! The NFL is really having a strange season.
November 25, 201411 yr Did James Holmes charge the officers? Did Holmes reach to his waistband where a gun was located? Did you answer no to both those questions? If so, that makes the Aurora case very different than Ferguson or Cleveland. Right, because there's no chance that Holmes didn't have a weapon tucked in his body armor or something similar (maybe even a remote weapon) that he was ready to use to get one or more last kills once he was approached.
November 25, 201411 yr Antonio French retweeted Tim Ryan @timr9news 6m6 minutes ago On board a flight DIA to STL when the pilot announced STL airport closing due to trouble in St Louis. Returning to DIA.
November 25, 201411 yr No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that I think it's weird that people are saying an insane guy who shot 70 people and is still on the scene is less of a threat than a guy who bum rushes an officer or a kid who has a fake gun. I don't understand why people can't see that it's kind of mind-blowing that the guy who just walked into a theater with automatic weapons isn't a threat to safety because he seems compliant and to be surrendering, and that he's less of a threat than Brown or the kid. I wouldn't want to be in the officer's shoes in any of the situations, but that doesn't mean that personally, I wouldn't know which one of them I'd think is the most dangerous. Which is the least dangerous situation as it is posed right here? A large man rushing you? Someone reaching for a "gun" in their waistband? Someone surrendering to you?
November 25, 201411 yr St. Louis County Police Scanner on USTREAM: This is an audio stream of the St. Louis County Police scanners. Ferguson PD RIOT-A RIOT-B RIOT-C RIOT-D RIOT-E...
November 25, 201411 yr Right, because there's no chance that Holmes didn't have a weapon tucked in his body armor or something similar (maybe even a remote weapon) that he was ready to use to get one or more last kills once he was approached. So you shoot him on a hypothetical of what he may have? Not what you are seeing? That is the worst legal opinion I have ever heard...
November 25, 201411 yr Which is the least dangerous situation as it is posed right here? A large man rushing you? Someone reaching for a "gun" in their waistband? Someone surrendering to you? Agreed! And make no mistake, if the guy in the theater made one wrong move, or moved at all, he would have been shot dead on the spot.
November 25, 201411 yr This one is for computers: St. Louis County Police Scanner on USTREAM: This is an audio stream of the St. Louis County Police scanners. Ferguson PD RIOT-A RIOT-B RIOT-C RIOT-D RIOT-E...
November 25, 201411 yr I have read this thread and am just amazed how this tragic event has been exploited by all parties to somewhat prove what? What I see is: A police officer was attacked and shoots a young man several times and the shot that killed him, supposedly, we still don't know how far away he was from the officer. The officer is not indicted and probably shouldn't be, the police should get the benefit of the doubt, especially when attacked. Two families are shattered and there seems to be some lack of understanding how the other side might feel. The Ferguson Police Force handled this terribly from the beginning and never seemed to try and deescalate the issue. Outsiders fueled the fire of some misguided protesters that escalated the issue, also. The lack of transparency from the DA in the beginning, as well as the police, fueled the issue. The AG and President should have stayed out of this, although the media wouldn't allow it. The media won in this one. They got millions of people in an uproar over biased heresay reporting on the right and left. The citizens of Ferguson, lost their community. I would bet the vast majority are upstanding good people who are now branded as a city of a racist police force and violent black people as citizens. Which probably neither is true overall. ...and a young man died when he should not have if he'd made better choices and an officer would have shown better judgment. Justice failed miserably for the officer and the young man.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.