November 25, 201411 yr Do they still have 5 dollar pizza? Fire Fire! Tonight its steal one, get one free.
November 25, 201411 yr Did anyone ask the DA why he chose to release this info at 8:00 at night? Was there a better option?
November 25, 201411 yr So you shoot him on a hypothetical of what he may have? Not what you are seeing? That is the worst legal opinion I have ever heard... Isn't that what an officer does when a suspect reaches toward their waistband? They don't know if it's a gun, maybe it's a wallet or phone, but yes, I've seen such be the basis for an officer's use of force based on what the person might have had, and it's done in the name of their safety.
November 25, 201411 yr I don't understand all the gun shots. Punks just trying to scare people or something?
November 25, 201411 yr Which is the least dangerous situation as it is posed right here? A large man rushing you? Someone reaching for a "gun" in their waistband? Someone surrendering to you? Which is the least dangerous as it is posed here? A large man rushing you when you've called for back up, you are armed, and he isn't? A 12 year old reaching for what a caller described as "probably a toy"? A lunatic in body armor whose just shot 70 people indiscriminately who appears to be acting as though he's surrendering but probably isn't thinking like a normal person?
November 25, 201411 yr I don't understand all the gun shots. Punks just trying to scare people or something? Just like the looting, punks! Then when these businesses do not reopen, and people who used to work at these places all of a sudden have no jobs, the same punks will be crying about it.
November 25, 201411 yr Author No. My point is that if a 12 year old with a BB gun is a threat who can't be taken any other way, for safety of the officer, than by lethal shooting (and despite the callers' claims that even drew the officers to the situation in the first place), then I don't understand why you'd say that someone like the guy in Aurora is not a threat because he'd 'surrendered'. Ever think that the guy who was on a suicide mission and had planned far enough ahead to wear armor and booby trap his apartment knowing that investigators would go there isn't someone you really want to just take their word for? When someone is on a suicide mission like that, the police probably aren't really "out of danger" until he's been killed. They didn't know it was a BB gun! You are not comprehending anything I'm posting. Edited November 25, 201411 yr by PurplePride92 Rule 2
November 25, 201411 yr What I'm saying: If there were ever a police officer who had killed a suspect who'd just shot 70 people and he were prosecuted, you know that plenty of this board would go crazy (and I think you all now know that I'd be right there on your side with you). Given that, I don't know why it's a big deal for me to say that I wouldn't have cared if they shot the guy in Aurora if there was a 1% chance, real or perceived, that he was a threat. Edited November 25, 201411 yr by PurplePride92
November 25, 201411 yr Which is the least dangerous as it is posed here? A large man rushing you when you've called for back up' date=' you are armed, and he isn't? A 12 year old reaching for what a caller described as "probably a toy"? A lunatic in body armor whose just shot 70 people indiscriminately who appears to be acting as though he's surrendering but probably isn't thinking like a normal person?[/quote'] Ok, I'll ask. Are you saying that if the theater shooter was black he would have been shot by the police? Seriously, you are not making any sense! As a person who deals in this line of work, kind of, and has officers such as Rocket, all agreeing that these events are not related, and that people do not know the events first hand. Your kidding yourself, and reaching, if you think that the officers at the theater wouldn't have shot if they felt that they may be killed
November 25, 201411 yr Author So in all of the commotion, the fact that gas was used or that a vast number of people were injured was just unmentioned? If that's so, then I really feel bad for the officers who have to respond to that. I'd imagine that theaters had cameras and that there was a tactical response team that was trying to get all of the information that they could before going in. You don't know what you are talking about clearly. Tactical teams weren't the first ones in. Patrol officers were. Police don't wait outside when there might be an active shooter, they go in as fast as possible. That changed way back after Columbine. They MIGHT have heard there was gas used, they might not. It's irrelevant. He was not a threat to them when he was taken into custody. Calling your arguments here weak would be wrong because they're worse than that.
November 25, 201411 yr Author So now the Little Caesars Pizza is on fire? That location is taking the "Hot and Ready" pizza concept to a whole new level. People keep mentioning pizza. Now I want one.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.