Basketball in KY needs to be classified...

We should.

In football you should have a district, region, and class champ.

How do you do this?

Seed the 4 class champs. Play 2 extra games (a semi final and a championship game) and crown an All Out State Football Champion.

I'm fine with that, I actually like it. Logisticly it may be tough. To keep the season ending as it is (and if you didn't stand by to stand by from the bball coaches), you'd have to eliminate the bye week and one game. Not sure how the football coaches would feel with that.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should.

In football you should have a district, region, and class champ.

How do you do this?

Seed the 4 class champs. Play 2 extra games (a semi final and a championship game) and crown an All Out State Football Champion.

This is another thing you don't seem to get. Soon it will be 6 classes. So, now you'd have to add 2 more teams and give two teams a bye. That's 3 extra games, a longer season than college football and a full NFL season.(Game wise) BAD IDEA!!!

I'm fine with that, I actually like it. Logisticly it may be tough. To keep the season ending as it is (and if you didn't stand by to stand by from the bball coaches), you'd have to eliminate the bye week and one game. Not sure how the football coaches would feel with that.

I understand the logistical problems.

I think you could keep the bye week. Get rid of one game and start the season a week earlier.

Who knows? But there are a number of ways to solve the logistical problems if one was committed to doing this. Where there is a will there is a way.

This is another thing you don't seem to get. Soon it will be 6 classes. So, now you'd have to add 2 more teams and give two teams a bye. That's 3 extra games, a longer season than college football and a full NFL season.(Game wise) BAD IDEA!!!

I get it just fine dude....... freakin chill with your attitude.

Once again I went back and edited my post while you were posting and therefore you didnt get to read my full post.

Leave the public/private debate alone and let there be just 4 classes.

I think that it should be in classes.

While I am thinking...I would like Trinity to be put in class that they could actually would have a chance to win....since basketball doesn't seem to be about numbers. :rolleyes: :lol:

And Trinity could also be placed in there VERY OWN FOOTBALL CLASS, the Trinity Class, so that all the other 4A public teams would have a chance.

It would work out great for everyone.

Trinity would still win a state championship every year, like they do now, and all the other public schools would have a chance.

And Trinity could also be placed in there VERY OWN FOOTBALL CLASS, the Trinity Class, so that all the other 4A public teams would have a chance.

Trinity would still win a state championship every year, like they do now, and all the other public schools would have a chance.

You would need to include ST. X in that class too.:sssh: ;):D

Soon enough you will get your wish!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Trinity wins state every year :confused:

The bad part is, instead of allowing a lot of kids to win state championships in divisions we allow 12 kids a year in to win it in basketball. Then we claim it is for the best but it is not fair in the least. I love the tournament but small school aren't on a level playing field unless it is a freak year, or they recruit and don't get caught.

Indiana has five classes for football and four for basketball. You have to have a class system for football. It is not about winning a state championship in football, it is about a players safety.

I played basketball in Indiana when we didn't have a class system. We went into tournament time knowing that we had to play the most winning basketball program in the state. There gym seats over 7500, and they have won more state titles than anyone. During this time, they won three in a row. So, are chances were slim to none. I have more fond memories playing in that atmosphere, and losing by a few points or taking them to overtime, than winning a class regional title.

I would have loved to play in an All A State Tournament and then had a chance to play the states best teams. The All A is a great tournament, but it needs to be changed a little. Maybe do what Indiana is doing with their private schools. They are making them add 1.5 for evey student. This might eliminate some of them for the All A Tournament.

Indiana has five classes for football and four for basketball. You have to have a class system for football. It is not about winning a state championship in football, it is about a players safety.

I played basketball in Indiana when we didn't have a class system. We went into tournament time knowing that we had to play the most winning basketball program in the state. There gym seats over 7500, and they have won more state titles than anyone. During this time, they won three in a row. So, are chances were slim to none. I have more fond memories playing in that atmosphere, and losing by a few points or taking them to overtime, than winning a class regional title.

I would have loved to play in an All A State Tournament and then had a chance to play the states best teams. The All A is a great tournament, but it needs to be changed a little. Maybe do what Indiana is doing with their private schools. They are making them add 1.5 for evey student. This might eliminate some of them for the All A Tournament.

The bolded is a good point.

Classes in football is not all about winning state championships or leveling the playing field to make it more fair.

Basketball and football are 2 different sports and should be treated so.

To say that someone is hypocritical because they are a propponent of a class system in football, but not in basketball isnt neccessarily true.

The reasoning for a class system in either sport differs for a number of reasons.