Deputy Brockman cleared of any wrongdoing

Hellbird

Not sure what your point is here. Regardless on whether or not the officers assume she was able to follow directions, they still must give them. And if she can't follow orders to stop her car, then she sure can't be allowed to drive off, can she?

I don't know the minute-by-minute timeline ... or whether officers were letting some vehicles exit the field party and not others. Just seems that the wiser course of action might have been to block the exit road with a couple of sheriff's cruisers, then make all the young people exit their vehicles until individual driver sobriety could have been established. Perhaps that wasn't feasible because of confusion at the scene. Don't know.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.12 is certainly over the legal limit to operate a vehicle, but it is not "fall down" drunk.

What was the toxicity level for the marijuana? As you know, pot can stay in your system for almost 30 days. The detection of its presence alone does not necessarily mean that she was high. Were the actual levels released to the public?

In your opinion is .12 enough for impaired judgement?

And for the record, .12 can be fall down drunk for amateurs and middle of the road for seasoned drunks.

Your question about the marijuana is a good one, we need the actual level in her system to even begin to speculate if marijuana was even a factor.

I don't know the minute-by-minute timeline ... or whether officers were letting some vehicles exit the field party and not others. Just seems that the wiser course of action might have been to block the exit road with a couple of sheriff's cruisers, then make all the young people exit their vehicles until individual driver sobriety could have been established. Perhaps that wasn't feasible because of confusion at the scene. Don't know.

Most of this was discussed in the original thread, I think he was the first officer there.

He tried to get her to stop and probably exit her vehicle and she tried to run over him.

????? Really? Wow. Actually what this tells me is to obey a lawful order and don't try and flea and if you do flea don't hit a cop with your car and if you do hit a cop with your car don't speed up after he is laying on the hood of your car. Oh yea' date=' and don't drive intoxicated. All of those things is what led to her being shot, but lets not let facts get in the way of a good story...I like your solution to just shoot anyone who drives a car in your general direction.[/quote']

I'm not allowed to ask a question in general of the situation were to apply to me or anyone else on here?

Yep. My first thought when I saw the 6 times over. If you are 6 times over the .08, you are most likely dead.

The 6 times over the legal limit is a little misleading too.

The .02 threshold is to eliminate any possible court defenses for underage drivers charged with DUI. In reality the legal limit for anyone under 21 is 0.0.

So calling her six times over the legal limit, while technically true, it doesn't mean anything. The only thing you need to know is she was drinking underage and her .12 reading was well in excess of what is considered okay/legal for anyone to operate a vehicle.

In your opinion is .12 enough for impaired judgement?

And for the record, .12 can be fall down drunk for amateurs and middle of the road for seasoned drunks.

Your question about the marijuana is a good one, we need the actual level in her system to even begin to speculate if marijuana was even a factor.

No doubt, me in my 30s drinks so infrequently, that I feel impaired and no way would I attempt to drive at an .04. She's 19, .12 and high?

.12 is certainly over the legal limit to operate a vehicle, but it is not "fall down" drunk.

What was the toxicity level for the marijuana? As you know, pot can stay in your system for almost 30 days. The detection of its presence alone does not necessarily mean that she was high. Were the actual levels released to the public?

Probably the easiest dumbed down way to explain how THC is tested in the system is whether it's the metabolite Carboxy or hydroxy. Carboxy isn't really "psychoactive" where as the hydroxy is. So, basically if the tox report says THC carboxy, it's old. THC hydroxy means it's still active IE, they're high.

The 6 times over the legal limit is a little misleading too.

The .02 threshold is to eliminate any possible court defenses for underage drivers charged with DUI. In reality the legal limit for anyone under 21 is 0.0.

So calling her six times over the legal limit, while technically true, it doesn't mean anything. The only thing you need to know is she was drinking underage and her .12 reading was well in excess of what is considered okay/legal for anyone to operate a vehicle.

According to witnesses who testified, the same witnesses who were passengers in the vehicle all said she was very intoxicated and when rating on a scale from 1-10 10 being the drunkest a few of them said she was an 8.

So so although a .12 May not seem too drunk by some, it is 6 times over the limit and according to her own friends she was pretty drunk.

They alsp stated theu smoked pot an hour before. She also posted a text asking Got Bud? At the party

According to witnesses who testified, the same witnesses who were passengers in the vehicle all said she was very intoxicated and when rating on a scale from 1-10 10 being the drunkest a few of them said she was an 8.

So so although a .12 May not seem too drunk by some, it is 6 times over the limit and according to her own friends she was pretty drunk.

They alsp stated theu smoked pot an hour before. She also posted a text asking Got Bud? At the party

All good info but again the 6 times the legal limit is inflammatory and means nothing.