October 23, 201411 yr As many if you know, my wife was diagnosed with Nodular Melanoma about a year ago. She has had 2 surgeries, a skin graft that made her stay off of her feet for 3 weeks so it would take hold, confirmation that it had spread, a lymphedectamy, 3 weeks of tubes, a week stay in the hospital due to an infection that caused cellulitis and 8 months of Interfuron treatment w 4 more to go. The same day that she was diagnosed was the final cuts of our boys' 6th grade bball team. To add more poop to a poopie day, one twin was cut. On top of that they had played one on one in the tryout and the winning twin made the team so both were devastated. One or not making it and the other for thinking that he eliminated his brother. With all that in mind I was pretty emotional and kind of ticked at the coach for facing twins off like that. His explanation was very sincere and I agreed with it. He never would have faced them off if both were forwards or centers, but since they played different positions he felt like it was ok and would bring the best out of both of them. Sound logic in my mind and I had no complaints. He said something very special that day after our conversation that kind of made me take a step back with the craziness going on. He said that he had never experienced such an emotional cut. The one who made it didn't want to join the team without his brother. He knew then that these boys were raised with a lot of love. That made me feel great bc it kind of reaffirmed that we as a family were going to be ok as my wife battled. Fast forward one year, both made a very high level soccer team and now both made the 7th grade bball. My wife can see the light at the end of the tunnel of her treatments and the scans are clear. We are so very blessed and I had to share it bc it is a message board and I don't like talking about this to people I know.
October 23, 201411 yr As many if you know, my wife was diagnosed with Nodular Melanoma about a year ago. She has had 2 surgeries, a skin graft that made her stay off of her feet for 3 weeks so it would take hold, confirmation that it had spread, a lymphedectamy, 3 weeks of tubes, a week stay in the hospital due to an infection that caused cellulitis and 8 months of Interfuron treatment w 4 more to go. The same day that she was diagnosed was the final cuts of our boys' 6th grade bball team. To add more poop to a poopie day, one twin was cut. On top of that they had played one on one in the tryout and the winning twin made the team so both were devastated. One or not making it and the other for thinking that he eliminated his brother. With all that in mind I was pretty emotional and kind of ticked at the coach for facing twins off like that. His explanation was very sincere and I agreed with it. He never would have faced them off if both were forwards or centers, but since they played different positions he felt like it was ok and would bring the best out of both of them. Sound logic in my mind and I had no complaints. He said something very special that day after our conversation that kind of made me take a step back with the craziness going on. He said that he had never experienced such an emotional cut. The one who made it didn't want to join the team without his brother. He knew then that these boys were raised with a lot of love. That made me feel great bc it kind of reaffirmed that we as a family were going to be ok as my wife battled. Fast forward one year, both made a very high level soccer team and now both made the 7th grade bball. My wife can see the light at the end of the tunnel of her treatments and the scans are clear. We are so very blessed and I had to share it bc it is a message board and I don't like talking about this to people I know. Glad things are looking up for your family. Things like what you guys are going through really put into perspective what is and isn't hard about life and what is and isn't important.
October 23, 201411 yr Blessed. Yes, you are. Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing with us.
October 23, 201411 yr As many if you know, my wife was diagnosed with Nodular Melanoma about a year ago. She has had 2 surgeries, a skin graft that made her stay off of her feet for 3 weeks so it would take hold, confirmation that it had spread, a lymphedectamy, 3 weeks of tubes, a week stay in the hospital due to an infection that caused cellulitis and 8 months of Interfuron treatment w 4 more to go. The same day that she was diagnosed was the final cuts of our boys' 6th grade bball team. To add more poop to a poopie day, one twin was cut. On top of that they had played one on one in the tryout and the winning twin made the team so both were devastated. One or not making it and the other for thinking that he eliminated his brother. With all that in mind I was pretty emotional and kind of ticked at the coach for facing twins off like that. His explanation was very sincere and I agreed with it. He never would have faced them off if both were forwards or centers, but since they played different positions he felt like it was ok and would bring the best out of both of them. Sound logic in my mind and I had no complaints. He said something very special that day after our conversation that kind of made me take a step back with the craziness going on. He said that he had never experienced such an emotional cut. The one who made it didn't want to join the team without his brother. He knew then that these boys were raised with a lot of love. That made me feel great bc it kind of reaffirmed that we as a family were going to be ok as my wife battled. Fast forward one year, both made a very high level soccer team and now both made the 7th grade bball. My wife can see the light at the end of the tunnel of her treatments and the scans are clear. We are so very blessed and I had to share it bc it is a message board and I don't like talking about this to people I know. Wait a second while I go get a tissue..... Ok. I'm back. I'm so happy that you guys made it through the storm!
October 23, 201411 yr I think about you, your wife, & your family quite often. Pray about you guys frequently. Thanks so much for sharing this info, Mex. I'm glad things have improved on several fronts. :thumb:
October 23, 201411 yr My wife and I have kept you guys all in our daily prayers. REALLY REALLY REALLY happy to here the news, buddy.
October 23, 201411 yr Tears shed here as well, congratulations to your amazing wife, sweet sons, and to YOU! (So glad this forum exists for this kind of thing. While I don't know you, I'm so happy for you!)
October 23, 201411 yr Not going to lie, choked me up. Thanks for sharing and really glad things have turned for the better, especially with your wife.
October 23, 201411 yr I can't believe I joined this board to talk about something as meaningless as sports.
October 23, 201411 yr Prayers are being answered for your family mex. I pray that Gods will continue to be done in your life and that your beautiful family continues to thrive physically, emotionally and spiritually. Your post has made my day and will help me to be a little more thankful and humble. Thank you so much for sharing, I have learned a lot from your strength and you may not realize what an inspiration you and your family have been for many of us over the past months.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.