Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cordia 2014/2015

Featured Replies

FYI cats 1950 cunningham's mother was unemployed for 3 years and needed a job. She got a job at Hazard Community College. It was a temporary federal grant type job. It lasted only 8 months. The job ended at the end of April. When the job ended she had no means to pay her rent and moved back to Lexington. They had a legitimate reason to leave. On the other hand the Toomer kid from perry co moved back to Lexington a couple of weeks after they were eliminated from tournament play. No one says a word about that. The 7'0" kid from Scott co moved back to North Carolina after they were eliminated from the tournament. No one mentions that. Hell the Scott co kid moved here with his "mentor"to get some better exposure. That is not my words that is his words in the Lexington hearld last summer before he ever played a game. That smells fishy to me,but that is just one of the big boys that it's program just sells itself. What a joke. LOL.

 

A lot of people mentioned that, and I think it left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths as well.

 

If it can be proven that Scott Co or Perry Central (or any other school) is doing things in an inappropriate manner, I believe they should be punished as well.

  • Replies 136
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's most puzzling to me, is this is the 5th thread, I believe, about Cordia and their situation.................:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

A lot of people mentioned that, and I think it left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths as well.

If it can be proven that Scott Co or Perry Central (or any other school) is doing things in an inappropriate manner, I believe they should be punished as well.

 

Exactly. It had it's own thread with several posts I believe. If anyone wants to go back and find it they can.

Okay, I'm back. Lasted 24 hours I think. :lol2:

 

 

My main issue with the defense of Cordia is that a lot of shots are taken at the KHSAA for what appears to be a blind eye by the KHSAA. I simply don't buy that logic. There things that can be proven and things that can't be proven. It's easy to sit back and say "other schools get away with it why are they coming down on Cordia so hard?" That's faulty logic. The KHSAA acts on what it can prove. If they can prove wrong doing took place then they act accordingly. See: Fairview, Rose Hill, Lexington Catholic and others who have suffered penalties for wrong doing. Having proof goes a long long way towards words having any substance. If the KHSAA has no proof then what are they supposed to do? In this situation they seem to have proof and if Cordia can show that they didn't do anything wrong then they'll win their appeal won't they?

Okay, I'm back. Lasted 24 hours I think. :lol2:

 

 

My main issue with the defense of Cordia is that a lot of shots are taken at the KHSAA for what appears to be a blind eye by the KHSAA. I simply don't buy that logic. There things that can be proven and things that can't be proven. It's easy to sit back and say "other schools get away with it why are they coming down on Cordia so hard?" That's faulty logic. The KHSAA acts on what it can prove. If they can prove wrong doing took place then they act accordingly. See: Fairview, Rose Hill, Lexington Catholic and others who have suffered penalties for wrong doing. Having proof goes a long long way towards words having any substance. If the KHSAA has no proof then what are they supposed to do? In this situation they seem to have proof and if Cordia can show that they didn't do anything wrong then they'll win their appeal won't they?

 

 

That's the same point I am trying to make. It was obvious what was going on there and they are being investigated. If they are cleared then that means we should all apologize to Joker.

That's the same point I am trying to make. It was obvious what was going on there and they are being investigated. If they are cleared then that means we should all apologize to Joker.

 

Phhhtttt.....I'll give Joker one of these:

 

(golf clap)

Okay, I'm back. Lasted 24 hours I think. :lol2:

 

 

My main issue with the defense of Cordia is that a lot of shots are taken at the KHSAA for what appears to be a blind eye by the KHSAA. I simply don't buy that logic. There things that can be proven and things that can't be proven. It's easy to sit back and say "other schools get away with it why are they coming down on Cordia so hard?" That's faulty logic. The KHSAA acts on what it can prove. If they can prove wrong doing took place then they act accordingly. See: Fairview, Rose Hill, Lexington Catholic and others who have suffered penalties for wrong doing. Having proof goes a long long way towards words having any substance. If the KHSAA has no proof then what are they supposed to do? In this situation they seem to have proof and if Cordia can show that they didn't do anything wrong then they'll win their appeal won't they?

 

If you're referring to a court appeal, I would hope so. However, keep in mind that the KHSAA appeals process, which is what Cordia is in the midst of at this time, is not exactly impartial.

 

Here's my understanding of how it all works: the KHSAA's (standard) appeals process is to go before their arbitrator, who is a retired judge. To expect that their arbitrator would be truly unbiased isn't realistic. He's an arbitrator, and his salary is paid by the KHSAA. He is NOT an arbiter, the definition of which is an impartial person given the power to decide a controversy. So, their arbitrator makes a recommendation to the commissioner, who in turn actually makes the final decision. Obviously, this process is extremely one-sided. It's akin to having a prosecutor rule on your changes, then you being able to appeal to a "judge" who is on the prosecutor's payroll. IMO, it's really more about appearance than substance.

Lasted 24 hours I think. :lol2:

 

Dang...stud.:wideyed:

If you're referring to a court appeal, I would hope so. However, keep in mind that the KHSAA appeals process, which is what Cordia is in the midst of at this time, is not exactly impartial.

 

Here's my understanding of how it all works: the KHSAA's (standard) appeals process is to go before their arbitrator, who is a retired judge. To expect that their arbitrator would be truly unbiased isn't realistic. He's an arbitrator, and his salary is paid by the KHSAA. He is NOT an arbiter, the definition of which is an impartial person given the power to decide a controversy. So, their arbitrator makes a recommendation to the commissioner, who in turn actually makes the final decision. Obviously, this process is extremely one-sided. It's akin to having a prosecutor rule on your changes, then you being able to appeal to a "judge" who is on the prosecutor's payroll. IMO, it's really more about appearance than substance.

 

I was referring to the KHSAA appeal process. Joker seems to believe Cordia is going to win it.

I was referring to the KHSAA appeal process. Joker seems to believe Cordia is going to win it.

 

Winning it and getting significant reductions are two different things.

 

Through this whole thing, I've really felt like Cordia had a better shot than most people seem to think they do.

 

What I was meaning about the KHSAA and other schools was that maybe they investigated Cordia a little harder than they have other places. That's partially the price Cordia pays for taking them to court twice to overrule kids eligibility rulings. At the same time, the KHSAA hasn't gone hard after Highlands for starting the whole court injunction thing.

 

No doubt in my mind that if the KHSAA wanted to investigate some schools as hard as they have Cordia (some of those schools being ones who've already gotten favorable rulings and/or appeals in the past... and not necessarily this year), then I'm fine with it.

 

Really, I can't tell you the last few "high profile" rulings/appeals that have went against the teams. Trinity probably sat Hicks because they saw the writing on the wall. Past that, it's been the kids at Cordia who would have been some of their best players (Owaohtoah, Hines, Chapman, Ortiz) that have been ruled against. Maybe I'm mistaken, but past that and just going off the , I can't recall any big decisions that are going against any of your traditional powers, especially ones that have gone against higher profile kids. I'm fine with that, but if you are going to allow it for the big programs who don't really need the breaks anyway, then you need to do it for the smaller ones who couldn't compete without them.

 

I'm the guy whose all for just making it fair by loosening the rules on transfers even more. If we're talking about equality, then that's probably the most sensible way to achieve the desired result. The only alternative would be severely limiting school's athletic budgets, etc, and set a cap on what teams could spend on their programs, that amount being what the poorest school can afford, but I doubt we see that happen. Maybe it's a fallacy to fall into "either/or" type thinking, but I really don't see equality and fairness to all programs any other way.

 

As has been said a million times by guys like me and The Professor, Cordia has to have kids transfer in from all over because, unlike schools in larger areas in Kentucky, they don't have a big population to draw from to begin with. That's why I really don't have a problem with how far the kids come to get there. I'd honestly rather see the talent from other States come to Kentucky instead of seeing bigger schools in the region with more history absorb smaller school's talent up.

Okay, I'm back. Lasted 24 hours I think. :lol2:

 

 

My main issue with the defense of Cordia is that a lot of shots are taken at the KHSAA for what appears to be a blind eye by the KHSAA. I simply don't buy that logic. There things that can be proven and things that can't be proven. It's easy to sit back and say "other schools get away with it why are they coming down on Cordia so hard?" That's faulty logic. The KHSAA acts on what it can prove. If they can prove wrong doing took place then they act accordingly. See: Fairview, Rose Hill, Lexington Catholic and others who have suffered penalties for wrong doing. Having proof goes a long long way towards words having any substance. If the KHSAA has no proof then what are they supposed to do? In this situation they seem to have proof and if Cordia can show that they didn't do anything wrong then they'll win their appeal won't they?

 

 

That's fair. I just don't know if they were feeling vindictive and/or if it wasn't a thing that they could have nailed a lot of other programs on if they investigated them with the same fevor as Cordia.

 

How much dirt do you think someone who is the equivalent of Hudson's guardian in the Cordia case would give the KHSAA after the school had fired them, the kid they had an interest in had moved to another school after that, and the kid was now graduated?

 

How much dirt do you think someone who is a parent of a kid that grew up playing in the feeders of a traditional power but was recruited over and didn't get to play at all would give the KHSAA on that school if they were asking?

 

Maybe the KHSAA doesn't have all the answers, but maybe they aren't always asking the right questions either.

Winning it and getting significant reductions are two different things.

 

Through this whole thing, I've really felt like Cordia had a better shot than most people seem to think they do.

 

What I was meaning about the KHSAA and other schools was that maybe they investigated Cordia a little harder than they have other places. That's partially the price Cordia pays for taking them to court twice to overrule kids eligibility rulings. At the same time, the KHSAA hasn't gone hard after Highlands for starting the whole court injunction thing.

 

No doubt in my mind that if the KHSAA wanted to investigate some schools as hard as they have Cordia (some of those schools being ones who've already gotten favorable rulings and/or appeals in the past... and not necessarily this year), then I'm fine with it.

 

Really, I can't tell you the last few "high profile" rulings/appeals that have went against the teams. Trinity probably sat Hicks because they saw the writing on the wall. Past that, it's been the kids at Cordia who would have been some of their best players (Owaohtoah, Hines, Chapman, Ortiz) that have been ruled against. Maybe I'm mistaken, but past that and just going off the , I can't recall any big decisions that are going against any of your traditional powers, especially ones that have gone against higher profile kids. I'm fine with that, but if you are going to allow it for the big programs who don't really need the breaks anyway, then you need to do it for the smaller ones who couldn't compete without them.

 

I'm the guy whose all for just making it fair by loosening the rules on transfers even more. If we're talking about equality, then that's probably the most sensible way to achieve the desired result. The only alternative would be severely limiting school's athletic budgets, etc, and set a cap on what teams could spend on their programs, that amount being what the poorest school can afford, but I doubt we see that happen. Maybe it's a fallacy to fall into "either/or" type thinking, but I really don't see equality and fairness to all programs any other way.

 

As has been said a million times by guys like me and The Professor, Cordia has to have kids transfer in from all over because, unlike schools in larger areas in Kentucky, they don't have a big population to draw from to begin with. That's why I really don't have a problem with how far the kids come to get there. I'd honestly rather see the talent from other States come to Kentucky instead of seeing bigger schools in the region with more history absorb smaller school's talent up.

 

I don't have a problem with any school anywhere getting kids from where ever. Doesn't bother me at all. Kids switch schools all of the time. Some seem fishy. Some don't. I have always been a big time supporter of the 'let them play' attitude. I also don't have a problem with anything Cordia is alleged to have done as long as everyone is allowed to operate in that same manner. If it is found out that things were done illegally then I say accept it and move on. I was one of the ones on here with you all season last year defending Cordia and their situation. Once the KHSAA laid down the law it's kind of hard to defend them and I don't see anyone defending them. I see people saying...well other schools do it and nothing happens to them but I have never seen or heard of any KHSAA schools doing what Cordia is alleged to have done.

 

How much of this situation do you attribute to the whistleblower? I've found more often than not that whistleblowers are just bitter schools who fail more often than they succeed. Whistleblowers always have a vested interest and it is never for the sanctity of the sport. It's for their own personal interests.

Sounds like we won't know anything until November 12. There more weeks of great posts and opinions lol

Sounds like we won't know anything until November 12. There more weeks of great posts and opinions lol

 

Yea, tons of great posts like that. Thanks for adding so much to the discussion. Figured you'd be out in front of the Herald Leader's two day old news on this one considering all those contacts and connections you have. :thumb:

The KHSAA is not so much acting on proof they are reaching to get Cordia on something because they are so upset that Cordia has had eligibility rulings overturned in court. They dont like being overturned in court so they are out to get Cordia. Plain and simple. We'll see what happens in a few weeks. I think Cordia will be fine. Just a hunch ;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.