Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas Ebola patient dies.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 155
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just stating the facts my man. World Health Organization told me so.

 

Well I suppose they are always expected to put percentages and numbers on things, but to a statistician, the size of the study sample for a "statistic" on the morbidity and mortality of Ebola in the US is enough to nullify any statistical info that has been released as of yet.

I read that a Sheriff's deputy in Dallas had been admitted to a hospital exhibiting symptoms of ebola. Wasn't sure if that was posted here.

WAY more people than will die from Ebola, that's a fact. Where are your over the top posts about the flu?

 

Mortality rate for the Flu is relatively low compared to the numbers that contract it. Most deaths are in those that are over 65 or the very young or ill. Exact numbers are hard to determine because CDC uses estimates to determine the mortality rate.

 

Mortality rate for Ebola is extremely high, if it spread at a rate even approaching the rate that the Flu spreads 100's of thousands or millions would die from it.

 

Comparing the Flu to Ebola is like comparing not wearing a seat belt to shooting your self in the head. While you could die due to the first one, you will almost certainly die from the second one.

FWIW I'm not panicked but I am concerned enough to keep an eye on it.

Stock up on vitamin C.

 

Apparently Ebola completely depleats the body of vitamin C and that is why the symptom look like scruvy.

Liberia cancels elections:

 

Ebola-hit Liberia cancels nationwide election: government | News , World | THE DAILY STAR

 

Ebola-hit Liberia has suspended its nationwide Senate polls after the election commission admitted it would not be able to stage the ballot safely, according to a government statement.

 

Almost three million voters had been due in polling stations on Tuesday but organizers said there was no way a "mass movement, deployment and gathering of people" could go ahead without further endangering lives.

 

President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf was exercising powers under a state of emergency announced in August "to suspend... any and all rights ordinarily exercised, enjoyed and guaranteed to citizens", the foreign office said in a statement issued late Wednesday, quoting a presidential proclamation.

I would say none since everyone gets a flu shot.

 

I don't

In the words of Aaron Rodgers...

 

 

"relax".

 

 

Well, I guess that's technically just one word.

 

I thought that was Frankie Goes to Hollywood. :D

Never gotten a flu shot in my life.

 

Same.

Never gotten a flu shot in my life.

 

I haven't either. Not really because of any conspiracy theory. But back in the day, whenever I got vaccinated for something, I contracted said disease...measles, mumps...I just didn't want to risk it. I understand now they don't use live virus for vaccination in the flu shot. But...I've never had the flu, and I've discovered there are some very effective means of avoiding the flu...like self-imposed social alienation. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.