Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas Ebola patient dies.

Featured Replies

Huge mistakes made at that hospital in Texas. Who sends a guy home with a temperature of 103 who had already told them that he was in recently in Africa?!

  • Replies 155
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now, it's a problem for very, very few. Still no need for panic. This is not West Africa.

 

I didn't say we needed a national panic. I didn't say we would end up with a 50% reduction in population. But these infections are exponential and this isn't over. It won't be long before someone posts that a relative or coworker or someone they know has been infected. So, continue not to worry.

Right now' date=' it's a problem for very, very few. Still no need for panic. This is not West Africa.[/quote'] I have a UHaul type vehicle that is stocked up, in the driveway facing towards the street, half is filled with guns and ammo. If needed, directions are already programmed into the GPS to Mnt Refs bunker.

Health care worker who took care of the first is now infected and tested positive .

Health care worker who took care of the first is now infected and tested positive .

 

When appropriate barrier techniques still don't keep HC workers free from infecting contact, well, then what?

When appropriate barrier techniques still don't keep HC workers free from infecting contact' date=' well, then what?[/quote']

 

I think appropriate techniques do work but you have to know what you are treating. The hospital in TX did not.

CDC / Hospital saying the nurse didn't use proper precautions.

CDC / Hospital saying the nurse didn't use proper precautions.

:lol2: Conflicting story says that she was wearing proper gear and taking proper precautions.

 

I guess if she lives we can ask her.

I think appropriate techniques do work but you have to know what you are treating. The hospital in TX did not.

Well, you are taught to use universal precautions, simply because you never know what you're treating. So the techniques are the same for everyone with every disease. The only change for HC providers is to report suspected Ebola to CDC.

:lol2: Conflicting story says that she was wearing proper gear and taking proper precautions.

 

I guess if she lives we can ask her.

I had to like it to make a point.:ylsuper: And this is a media hot button, so who knows what's the truth.

The unknown is why we need to stop accepting flights from west Africa .

I just read the same thing. So, for all of you who just love to poo poo issues like this and claim knee jerk panic reactions by the general public, this is a problem like it or not.

 

Phhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttt.

 

Show me proof that the health care worker did everything properly.

I didn't say we needed a national panic. I didn't say we would end up with a 50% reduction in population. But these infections are exponential and this isn't over. It won't be long before someone posts that a relative or coworker or someone they know has been infected. So, continue not to worry.

 

 

I most definitely will.

CDC / Hospital saying the nurse didn't use proper precautions.

 

The evidence says this is likely true.

I didn't say we needed a national panic. I didn't say we would end up with a 50% reduction in population. But these infections are exponential and this isn't over. It won't be long before someone posts that a relative or coworker or someone they know has been infected. So, continue not to worry.
I know you didn't, but still I sense a bit more concern than what there really should be. I hope you're wrong about someone posting something like that, I really do. I just think that mistakes were made and we will fix these type of mistakes quickly. This isn't a perfect world or a perfect country, but we do one hell of a job to do what is right. I don't see this as any different.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.