Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anheuser-Busch disappointed, concerned, dissatisfied with NFL

Featured Replies

How so? I guarantee you they need the nfl more then the nfl needs them. Bud pulls out..."Mr Goodell, Miller is on line 2".

 

And the NFL won't be able to command nearly the same figure that AB is able to if they pull that. Also, like Guru said, it's not a great PR move in the short term for Miller Lite because they're seen as opportunistic and more about the buck, plus a second rate organization when compared to Budweiser (who is "doing the right thing" and pulling their sponsorship).

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll drink Miller Light any day over Bud/Bud Light

I don't know, how are the ratings doing for the NFL? What about ticket sales? The fact is the majority of the NFL base customers just want football.

 

Yes, but they also need a variety of demographics to be considered on top, especially if we're looking at their overall popularity as compared to other sports.

 

Lots of different segments are going into all of those revenue streams. The most hardcore football fans are probably going to watch regardless, but when lines like "NFL Women's Jerseys", "Pink", etc. start to dwindle, and there's a conglomeration of those, that's when they become vulnerable for the NBA or MLB to retake marketshare.

 

Honestly, I think the biggest reason for the NFL's current success is fantasy football. If the NBA or MLB figure out a way to make fantasy sports as appealing as they are to the NFL demographic (i.e., a short and intensive fantasy season, head to head match ups where players only need to spend maybe :15 minutes per week maximum fixing their lineups just to be competitive, etc.), then the NFL is in some trouble given their current status.

Yes, but they also need a variety of demographics to be considered on top, especially if we're looking at their overall popularity as compared to other sports.

 

Lots of different segments are going into all of those revenue streams. The most hardcore football fans are probably going to watch regardless, but when lines like "NFL Women's Jerseys", "Pink", etc. start to dwindle, and there's a conglomeration of those, that's when they become vulnerable for the NBA or MLB to retake marketshare.

 

Honestly, I think the biggest reason for the NFL's current success is fantasy football. If the NBA or MLB figure out a way to make fantasy sports as appealing as they are to the NFL demographic (i.e., a short and intensive fantasy season, head to head match ups where players only need to spend maybe :15 minutes per week maximum fixing their lineups just to be competitive, etc.), then the NFL is in some trouble given their current status.

 

Roto leagues where everybody starts takes care of that. You just have to watch for injuries then.

I probably wouldn't watch 5 games all year if not fantasy football

Saw a report on twitter today that one out of every five beers sold in the US is a Bud Light. I think all those Super Bowls commercials might have something to do with that. I don't care what Peterson or Rice have done. People are going to watch the NFL on TV. Sure some will stay away as a protest, but I'd bet that you would have a hard time measuring the amount it would be so minimal. It's not like your going to watch a rerun of Friends on Monday night.

Maybe Anheuser-Busch put the NFL on double-secret probation. :ohbrother:

 

Only SPECIAL groups get put on double-secret probation.

Agree, People will still drink the King if they drop their sponsorship.

 

Not disagreeing but why spend all those millions?

Evidently the Vikings are listening to the KOB.

I don't think the King needs the NFL but I understand your point.

 

They don't the NFL yet they spend $1.2B over 6 years? They're not a charity. If they didn't need the NFL they wouldn't be spending $200M per year with them.

 

In their minds they need the NFL and that's why this is all a PR move.

They don't the NFL yet they spend $1.2B over 6 years? They're not a charity. If they didn't need the NFL they wouldn't be spending $200M per year with them.

 

In their minds they need the NFL and that's why this is all a PR move.

I agree, Clyde. I heard this morning for every dollar invested with the NFL, the return is more than $2. So per year, they are making $200,000,000+.

I don't care if it is just a PR move. I'd like to see more companies call the NFL out publicly if that's what it takes for them to clean up their act. Domestic violence and child abuse are serious issues in this country and should be treated as such.

I do find it ironic that a company indirectly responsible for more immoral conduct than you could possibly write on the entire internets has a problem with handling of moral issues. Just me probably.

Anhueser-Busch makes Porn?

I think it's funny that everyone is looking to take the NFL to task for their lack of punishment for Ray Rice yet not much is being said at all about the prosecuting attorney that didn't pursue charges. Sad, and funny.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.