Highlands Celebrates 100 yrs Of Football Excellence

Sweeperboy

Highlands is celebrating their 100th yr of football this year,

A celebration will be held this Sat after the Paducah Tilghman game, the event will be at 7pm at DeVanna's On The Lake, Cold Spring, KY.

What a way to enjoy an evening sharing stories and rubbing elbows with some of the greatest players to ever wear the Blue and White. It is my understanding that there will be lots of old film and pictures being displayed throughout the evening along with all 22 State Championship trophies on display.

The Highlands Football team is sporting the 100 yr logo on one side of the football helmet this yr to pay tribute to this impressive milestone...:thumb:

I know their are several former Highlands coaches that will be attending along with decades of fraternity brothers and families.

Sweep and 13 other family members have RSVP and will be in attendance for the event, as we always support the Football Program at Highlands.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cannon should be there...just sayin'

It certainly should but I doubt it wlll...

I am big proponent of the Canon being put on display at the Football field in the upcoming yrs when the Walk of Fame comes to fruition.

Apparently, with the new Indoors Sports facility and the final phases of the renovations going on at Highlands, there will be a very kool and very "what took you so long" display of Highlands greatest players and teams incorporated into shrines and plagues along the walk into DCM....:thumb:

This is a very proud and proven football program that if one didnt already know the history of Highlands Football then they would miss out on it as it has been the best kept secret to date.

I know we talk a whole bunch here on BGP, but I can tell you this, walk into that stadium and unless you know who Highlands is they are not going to put it in your face when it comes to the rich history and tradition.

The new walk of fame will be impressive but tasteful as to not discount their opponents over the yrs...Highlands has the upmost respect for all of their opponents will recognize this as well. :thumb:

History and Tradition must not be denied and hidden but celebrated and shared...Just sayin

Highlands is celebrating their 100th yr of football this year,

A celebration will be held this Sat after the Paducah Tilghman game, the event will be at 7pm at DeVanna's On The Lake, Cold Spring, KY.

What a way to enjoy an evening sharing stories and rubbing elbows with some of the greatest players to ever wear the Blue and White. It is my understanding that there will be lots of old film and pictures being displayed throughout the evening along with all 22 State Championship trophies on display.

The Highlands Football team is sporting the 100 yr logo on one side of the football helmet this yr to pay tribute to this impressive milestone...:thumb:

I know their are several former Highlands coaches that will be attending along with decades of fraternity brothers and families.

Sweep and 13 other family members have RSVP and will be in attendance for the event, as we always support the Football Program at Highlands.

Last I heard, there was confirmation from every living past coach.

It crushes me to miss this.

This...

The Class of '83 will miss their 2 Time State Champion teammate, I am sure Tdyballgame and JOAT will be very disappointed when they learn of this news...I hope you have a good reason to miss this event young man.

I do wonder how many former players will show up in their old jerseys or perhaps their Lettermans Jackets:thumb: