Highlands Celebrates 100 yrs Of Football Excellence

Sweeperboy

Some people will disagree with me but I kind of wish Tom Duffy was in this picture as well. Would of been really cool! Coach Duffy had a family funeral to attend....

I would have liked for him to have been there too. When you are part of the "family", home is the one place you should always feel free to come back to. With that said I never thought he would come.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait until they make the dvd available of the game films. The footage from the 40's were very cool. Nice seeing all the different generations of families there (Rollers, Abners, etc). It really is amazing.

Saw Bill Roller there, 1968 All State LB that looked like he was ready to strap it on right now...Wow, that old dude is like 65 or something and the only thing he is losing is his hair...

Good seeing you there LL55:thumb:

Saw Bill Roller there, 1968 All State LB that looked like he was ready to strap it on right now...Wow, that old dude is like 65 or something and the only thing he is losing is his hair...

Good seeing you there LL55:thumb:

Saw Bill and Dave Giuduigli sitting together and made a comment if a brawl broke out tonight, would want them on my side.

To me, the neatest part of the whole day was when they announced each living coach prior to the game and then had those coaches, members of the team being honored and all other former players that were in attendance form the gauntlet for the current Birds.

Very classy move by Coach Weinrich and staff to have the team come out of the lockerroom early to witness the event and to soak up all that was happening, on top of gaining an understanding of what it means to be a member of the football fraternity at Highlands. I know my son made several statements during the week about some older generation players that were showing up to watch practice and how neat of a thing that was.

Some people will disagree with me but I kind of wish Tom Duffy was in this picture as well. Would of been really cool! Coach Duffy had a family funeral to attend....

Being an outsider, I obviously don't have all of the emotions involved or as well developed an opinion on what Duffy did/didn't do with the Highlands football program...but a coach is a coach, and like it or not, the guy did get Highlands two state championship trophies.

I would have liked for him to have been there too. When you are part of the "family", home is the one place you should always feel free to come back to. With that said I never thought he would come.

There is that one member of every family! :thumb:

Edited by FanofMany
spelling correction