Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Everyone at Covington Catholic smiled when they saw........

Featured Replies

  • Author

People who think CovCath may beat Highlands this year = Haters

People who call Highlands "mediocre" = Fan

 

Noted

  • Replies 58
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who think CovCath may beat Highlands this year = Haters

People who call Highlands "mediocre" = Fan

 

Noted

 

Around my way we call that #irony.

I'm not a highlands hater so no apology from me.

 

Now I do think several of their fans, just like some T fans, think a little too arrogant at times but as far as the teams themselves, not a hater of them at all.

 

Totally agree HB, gotta hate the arrogant fans, those darn H & T fans are always tooting their horns about how they are going to win a title someday...:thumb:

The only people that are going to get on here and run their mouths about CovCath beating Highlands this yr is "Non-CovCath" camp people...

 

Why in the world would CovCath fans or supporter get on here and take shots or make bold predictions knowing it could be used as locker room material?

 

Ram you most probably won't get an honest answer or even a reply to your thread question from a true CovCath supporter...they are humbled bunch of people that scare the heck out of me,

 

they so quiet...they hide in weeds, they waiting

The only people that are going to get on here and run their mouths about CovCath beating Highlands this yr is "Non-CovCath" camp people...

 

Why in the world would CovCath fans or supporter get on here and take shots or make bold predictions knowing it could be used as locker room material?

 

Ram you most probably won't get an honest answer or even a reply to your thread question from a true CovCath supporter...they are humbled bunch of people that scare the heck out of me,

 

they so quiet...they hide in weeds, they waiting

 

You and tdyballgame must not know the same CCH people. No humbled CCH people seem to be visiting his house.

That's absolutely correct. I'm sure the Highlands fans are ready for game day.

 

But, since the CovCath fans don't want to comment on the matter, what do you think the CovCath fans were thinking after the Highlands/Bryan Station game?

 

 

I could give a rat's rear end what CovCath fans were thinking.

You and tdyballgame must not know the same CCH people. No humbled CCH people seem to be visiting his house.

 

Let's quit acting like Cov Cath fans (ie: parents) have cornered the market on arrogance. Heck, the same attitudes prevail EVERYWHERE. The Highlands game will be a good one- no one I know in the program was smiling after the Bryan Station game- too busy licking their wounds from a pounding at Moeller. Sweep is right- the only people running their mouths about Cov Cath beating Highlands are non Cov Cath people. Too many years and losses to do otherwise.

I could give a rat's rear end what CovCath fans were thinking.

 

I think most CCH fans could give the same rat's rear end what their fellow CCH fans think.

 

Why in the world would CovCath fans or supporter get on here and take shots or make bold predictions knowing it could be used as locker room material?

 

 

 

 

The day I have to have locker room material to get up for a game is the day I would quit. I never had that problem. I hated the other team once I saw them on the shedule. When the game was over I was back to normal (which is not good either).

Let's quit acting like Cov Cath fans (ie: parents) have cornered the market on arrogance. Heck, the same attitudes prevail EVERYWHERE. The Highlands game will be a good one- no one I know in the program was smiling after the Bryan Station game- too busy licking their wounds from a pounding at Moeller. Sweep is right- the only people running their mouths about Cov Cath beating Highlands are non Cov Cath people. Too many years and losses to do otherwise.

I am not running my mouth but I have been saying it since the end of the season last year that CCH should be the favorite to win the 4a title this year. I also think they will be the favorites next year and that in 2015 there is a good chance that the 5a title game will be between two defending state champs.

I think the CovCath fans were pretty happy after the Campbell score. The Station score was icing on the Colonel Cake.

The day I have to have locker room material to get up for a game is the day I would quit. I never had that problem. I hated the other team once I saw them on the shedule. When the game was over I was back to normal (which is not good either).

 

I won't disagree with you, but you can't deny there have been games where some things that have been said between two schools; whether on here, twitter, facebook, whatever it may be, has given a team extra motivation. I can tell you first hand, these athletes do look at those types of things, and can get riled up based off of what some people say. I'd like to believe HHS and CovCath supporters realize this, and wouldn't want to add any more pressure on either side.

This discussion brings to mind what NewCath has painted boldly on their gymnasium wall.

 

"To Succeed One Must Believe, And We Believe"

 

I think that we can all agree that there's a lot of truth in that saying. Sure, in some cases one also must understand their limitations, so of course The Dayton Greendevils can dream all they want if they were scheduled to face the Bluebirds, but mostly everyone in the entire state of Kentucky and even further would consider that dream way overly far fetched.

 

In the case of the Colonels who do have a talented team, their believing is not at all far fetched, and they might as well make the most of their dreaming if they stand the chance of succeeding against Highlands. Part of the recipe for them winning, which is not impossible although the Birds will be favored going in, is to believe. If they can't bring that belief with them to the game they might as well stay home. That belief will charge them up to get to the game, and because they're actually quite capable of succeeding this year in that situation, who knows, they might, but if they're gonna do it they must enter game certain that they will.

 

Not at all unlike what you'd hope to expect from any team ever in any sport in the history of high school sports, and if Dayton took their shot at the Birds, I'd certainly hope going it that they'd be going into it believing no matter how far fetched any of us think it is.

 

Although others might think they're crazy, what really do they have to lose by believing in themselves?

This discussion brings to mind what NewCath has painted boldly on their gymnasium wall.

 

"To Succeed One Must Believe, And We Believe"

 

I think that we can all agree that there's a lot of truth in that saying. Sure, in some cases one also must understand their limitations, so of course The Dayton Greendevils can dream all they want if they were scheduled to face the Bluebirds, but mostly everyone in the entire state of Kentucky and even further would consider that dream way overly far fetched.

 

In the case of the Colonels who do have a talented team, their believing is not at all far fetched, and they might as well make the most of their dreaming if they stand the chance of succeeding against Highlands. Part of the recipe for them winning, which is not impossible although the Birds will be favored going in, is to believe. If they can't bring that belief with them to the game they might as well stay home. That belief will charge them up to get to the game, and because they're actually quite capable of succeeding this year in that situation, who knows, they might, but if they're gonna do it they must enter game certain that they will.

 

Not at all unlike what you'd hope to expect from any team ever in any sport in the history of high school sports, and if Dayton took their shot at the Birds, I'd certainly hope going it that they'd be going into it believing no matter how far fetched any of us think it is.

 

Although others might think they're crazy, what really do they have to lose by believing in themselves?

 

Well said, Can you post this over in the basketball forum when HHS is scheduled to play NC ? lol

I think the CovCath fans were pretty happy after the Campbell score. The Station score was icing on the Colonel Cake.

 

They were probably really excited about that icing on the Colonel C-A-K-E (see what I did there Highlands fans?) until they realized there were 39 candles on the one side with yellow icing and a big M and 0 on the side with blue icing and the CCH.

 

Hard to be excited about a rival's 6 point win when you are getting beat by 39.......I am going to guess CovCath fans were more concerned with their own team than what Highlands did.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.