Cole Mosier from Walton Verona?

Asher2012

Wow! 60k in debt from UK and partial scholarship! Question, does it costs more to go to UK for athletes because my son, no sports, graduated two years ago, got his degree in 4 yrs and only has 30k in student debt?

No scholarship the first year. He went on partial the last three years. As a D1 athlete though, you don't have much opportunity to work to help fund your own education. A lot of debt was accumulated the first year.

I agree. But my point is that there are a lot of scholarship players who don't see the field by their sophomore year. If this kid is good enough to to be playing and starting by his sophomore year, why wasn't he offered one in the first place? No doubt this kid has worked hard to get where he is. However, I have heard Schlarman's rhetoric about why my nephew wasn't good enough to play in the SEC. End of conversation right? Wrong. Kept asking if he was coming to camp. kept visiting school to watch practices. Kept asking if he had any offers. His words were not consistent with his actions.

I thought in 2012 he was the in the top three lineman in Kentucky. His injuries and not being able to attend camps the previous two years had a big impact on his recruitment. He was also from a high that been playing football for less than 5 years at the time. I also always thought that him playing both ways and only coming off the field for kick off and kick off return made him seem to be alot slower than he would actually be if he went one way.

I thought in 2012 he was the in the top three lineman in Kentucky. His injuries and not being able to attend camps the previous two years had a big impact on his recruitment. He was also from a high that been playing football for less than 5 years at the time. I also always thought that him playing both ways and only coming off the field for kick off and kick off return made him seem to be alot slower than he would actually be if he went one way.

Thanks for the clarification. From an outsiders perspective, this has the appearance of a multi million dollar athletic program getting a scholarship caliber player on the cheap. EKU is well known for this kind of practice with in state kids.

Thanks for the clarification. From an outsiders perspective, this has the appearance of a multi million dollar athletic program getting a scholarship caliber player on the cheap. EKU is well known for this kind of practice with in state kids.

Yeah don't even get me started on EKU.

No doubt about the cheap part but they did offer the walk on spot and the current staff was not around very long to recruit. I would be more upset with the other in state schools that had time to evaluate Cole and decided to pass on him. Coach Schlarman said from the time he got on campus and was able to work with him, that he is one of the biggest steals he has ever seen. I am willing to bet that come January, Cole will be full scholarship.

Keep it up Cole!

Oh, and I remember some time ago when someone was wanting him to play RB.:walk:

No doubt about the cheap part but they did offer the walk on spot and the current staff was not around very long to recruit. I would be more upset with the other in state schools that had time to evaluate Cole and decided to pass on him. Coach Schlarman said from the time he got on campus and was able to work with him, that he is one of the biggest steals he has ever seen. I am willing to bet that come January, Cole will be full scholarship.

Oh, and I remember some time ago when someone was wanting him to play RB.:walk:

He actually played some wide receiver and tight end with the BCPWFL Chiefs I am told.:sssh:

Nope, went to Walton Verona middle school team and did play for them. He played scout team in their practices I hear leading up to the Vikings/ Longhorns superbowl game.

That's right.....duh....I was thinking of brother(step)....is that right?

heck, I have a hard time remembering what I did yesterday......or was that today.

One awesome football game you mentioned!!