Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cole Mosier from Walton Verona?

Featured Replies

While watching the UK game versus Ohio I noticed a Mosier on the O-Line. I knew that he walked on but he started today. He had a GREAT block on the MLB on Boo Williams long, very long TD run in the First Quarter.

Really happy for the young man, watched him for 3 years at Walton. Will never forget how mad Coach Barth was when the Enquirer left him off their 20 seniors to watch list. Can't repeat the conversation on public air. Look forward to his progression over the next 4 years. Great to see Highlands grad Towles doing well too.

While watching the UK game versus Ohio I noticed a Mosier on the O-Line. I knew that he walked on but he started today. He had a GREAT block on the MLB on Boo Williams long, very long TD run in the First Quarter.

 

The kid was a "beast" for W-V, glad to hear he's doing well.

Tremendous work ethic to walk on at a SEC program & earn a starting opportunity.

Now he needs to step it up a notch as UK's competition gets a little better after UT-Martin & Ohio U.

Best Wishes Cole!

Excellent young man who has made the most of the opportunity given him. Go Cole!

Mosier is now 6'6" 348 lbs. :eek: It is always great hearing about someone who pursues a goal and makes it happen.

Is he on scholarship yet?

Is he on scholarship yet?

 

I don't think so.

I don't think so.

 

In my view, an athlete that is getting significant playing time and still not on scholarship is exploitative. I have a nephew who was on partial scholarship in another sport at UK and he graduated with 60K in student debt. I believe the SEC team share in television revenue was something like 27 million $.

He had a very good game out there.

I don't think so.

 

I bet he is next year..:thumb:

Is he on scholarship yet?
i think he goes on one next semester:dancingpa
i think he goes on one next semester:dancingpa

 

I bet he is next year..:thumb:

 

I agree. But my point is that there are a lot of scholarship players who don't see the field by their sophomore year. If this kid is good enough to to be playing and starting by his sophomore year, why wasn't he offered one in the first place? No doubt this kid has worked hard to get where he is. However, I have heard Schlarman's rhetoric about why my nephew wasn't good enough to play in the SEC. End of conversation right? Wrong. Kept asking if he was coming to camp. kept visiting school to watch practices. Kept asking if he had any offers. His words were not consistent with his actions.

I agree. But my point is that there are a lot of scholarship players who don't see the field by their sophomore year. If this kid is good enough to to be playing and starting by his sophomore year, why wasn't he offered one in the first place? No doubt this kid has worked hard to get where he is. However, I have heard Schlarman's rhetoric about why my nephew wasn't good enough to play in the SEC. End of conversation right? Wrong. Kept asking if he was coming to camp. kept visiting school to watch practices. Kept asking if he had any offers. His words were not consistent with his actions.

 

Wow! 60k in debt from UK and partial scholarship! Question, does it costs more to go to UK for athletes because my son, no sports, graduated two years ago, got his degree in 4 yrs and only has 30k in student debt?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.