Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Dusty were manager, would the Reds be better?

Featured Replies

Almost a full season in the books. Shortcomings over the past couple seasons seemed to all be blamed on Dusty. Yet this year the Reds are worse. How many more wins would the Reds have if Dusty were the manager? Would they still be in the race?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I know it is easy to dismiss this with the terrible hitting and injuries, but the number of one run losses and some games where Price clearly made mistakes and his 3rd base coach made mistakes cause me to think the Reds would have more wins with Dusty.

.......

 

I firmly believe they'd have several more wins than Dusty, but no, I don't think they'd still be in the race. I think Bryan would be the first to tell you he has made some mistakes, and I firmly believe he'll be better next year (although I expect they'll be worse as a team record-wise).

I think Dusty's experience helps with some of the 1 run losses. Maybe 3-5 more W's.

I think Dusty's experience helps with some of the 1 run losses. Maybe 3-5 more W's.

 

My take as well.

  • Author

5 more wins ties the Reds with the Pirates 3 games behind the first place Cardinals.

Would Dusty have a different third base coach and would Dusty not use Hoover in 11 games where he could get a decision? If the answer to those is YES then the Reds would have 10 more wins than this year.

Dusty the player would make them better.

"Careful what you wish for."

 

I believe I used that exact same phrase in a post on the Reds last October. Dusty is a Hall-of-Fame manager, and while Bryan Price may well achieve that level, I'm taking the under.

I believe I used that exact same phrase in a post on the Reds last October. Dusty is a Hall-of-Fame manager, and while Bryan Price may well achieve that level, I'm taking the under.

 

Samesies

No. They may win a handful more games with Dusty but the problem was and is the talent on the field. Everyone blamed Dusty instead of the people who are playing the game and getting paid handsomely to do it. A manager only has so much impact...

No. Hanigan would still be the starting catcher, and Meso would still be playing 50-60 games a year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.