Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 41 Dixie Heights 7

Featured Replies

So can we assume from this game that Dixie is typical Dixie?

  • Replies 129
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So can we assume from this game that Dixie is typical Dixie?

 

We can assume Dixie is not the same Dixie team as last year. I think their fans realize this now.

I'd say people are making too much of this game in regards to Dixie and their chances in 6A.

I'd say people are making too much of this game in regards to Dixie and their chances in 6A.

 

I also watched them scrimmage Cooper they are not very good at all.

Amazed by the conclusions being drawn over the season success or lack of due to the opening game or second game results of a rivalry played at 9:30 in the morning. Here's a thought...Covcath is a very good football team and Dixie was flat. Yesterday wasn't an indicator of how good Dixie will do this season.

 

Honest question here, why would Dixie be flat in the season opener against one of their biggest rivals?

Honest question here, why would Dixie be flat in the season opener against one of their biggest rivals?

 

Thank you colonel-fan. The fact is, there is no way they were flat. Flat is an excuse used when a team gets its butt kicked and they refuse to believe the other team is that much better than them. Fans of teams getting walloped often say that the team was "flat". I never have bought into that word. If Dixie truly was flat, it is an indictment of the entire team and coaching staff and is more embarrassing than what happened in the game.

In no way was Dixie flat at the start of the game. The two punt returns took a lot of wind our of their sails and caused them to go away from their strengths. I do believe the same result without the two special team TDs, but Dixie could have stayed with their ground and pound approach.

 

Flip the situation and give Dixie two TDs to start the game without their O even taking the field and its a completely different game.

 

I'll take any team that scores two TDs on special teams.

It was said in jest. I certainly don't want to see anyone hurt on any team in any game.

 

That's not even something you joke about. Have you ever seen the look on a parent when their son is laying on the field motionless? I have, more than once. I will never, ever forget that look.

Let's not put the cart before the horse. Cov Cath may have won soundly today, and Highlands may not have looked like their usual selves last night, but there are still four weeks of football to be played before those two teams see each other on the football field.

 

I'm certainly hopeful that this year is the year we get that 8 year old monkey off our backs and hand the Bluebirds their first district loss since 2006, and I'm undoubtedly always rooting for Cov Cath to beat Highlands, but I need to see at least a couple more weeks of football played before I even consider calling the Colonels "favorite" in that match up.

 

There is more to it than just this most recent result. Have you been paying attention to the recent freshman and jv teams HHS has been fielding the last 2 years? Definitely a sharp drop off in talent. Throw in that HHS is now, from what I understand, basically closed enrollment and you have the formula for decline. One has to speculate if Mueller saw this coming.

Well...you can call it shameful that Cov Cath signed a contract to be part of a "showdown" that stipulated that they charge admission to ALL people going to the game and that they hold up their part of the contract by doing so, and I'll call it shameful for an adult to whine about having to pay admission to get into a high school football game. We're well aware your agenda includes making all attempts to badmouth Cov Cath, so you just go right on trying to make your case.

 

First it was the promoters fault. Now you are trying to come across that gov Cathy is so holy and upstanding. Say whatever u want. It is wrong period. Shoot. Quit raking.g money and go to confession. Hope. Your lights get put up.

Boy, the bitter, cynical and disrespectful posters sure came out of the woodwork on this thread.

There is more to it than just this most recent result. Have you been paying attention to the recent freshman and jv teams HHS has been fielding the last 2 years? Definitely a sharp drop off in talent. Throw in that HHS is now, from what I understand, basically closed enrollment and you have the formula for decline. One has to speculate if Mueller saw this coming.

 

The anticipation of the drop off of the Birds is equivalent to kids waiting for

Christmas morning to open their presents (assuming of course Christmas ony came around every decade or so) :)

In no way was Dixie flat at the start of the game. The two punt returns took a lot of wind our of their sails and caused them to go away from their strengths. I do believe the same result without the two special team TDs, but Dixie could have stayed with their ground and pound approach.

 

Flip the situation and give Dixie two TDs to start the game without their O even taking the field and its a completely different game.

 

I'll take any team that scores two TDs on special teams.

 

I would not change my offensive game plan that early in the game because I was down by two scores. If I was down by two scores at the end of the 3rd quarter and my game plan was to run the ball, then yes I would have to go more to the pass. But not early in the game.

  • Author
First it was the promoters fault. Now you are trying to come across that gov Cathy is so holy and upstanding. Say whatever u want. It is wrong period. Shoot. Quit raking.g money and go to confession. Hope. Your lights get put up.

 

As I said, we're well aware your agenda includes making all attempts to badmouth Cov Cath, so you just go right on trying to make your case.

The anticipation of the drop off of the Birds is equivalent to kids waiting for

Christmas morning to open their presents (assuming of course Christmas ony came around every decade or so) :)

 

Nice analogy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.