Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why bring an Ebola infected patient to America?

Featured Replies

^^^^^^^^^

You are exactly correct. He doesn't care who he offends and tells it like it is. Way better than Hannity

I don't really care for Savage. I don't like the way he trashes his competition and I don't feel like he prepares very well for his shows - as far as politics go. I do enjoy listening to the stories that he tells about his childhood.

 

Hannity also gets on my nerves because he repeats his talking points so much. He seems like a nice guy but when I listen to him, I get the feeling that he starts his show with one hour of material and three hours of air time to fill.

 

Mark Levin is the only national talk radio host that I listen to frequently. I listen to Rush and Laura Ingraham's shows from time to time, but I learn much more listening to Levin and the material that he covers is not necessarily driven by the day's events.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I have never heard Levin, hopefully I will pick him up on radio one day from work.

I can't help myself, has anyone else been watching the strain on FX???

Anyone remember the Dustin Hoffman movie, Outbreak? In that movie an entire town is exposed to an "Ebola Like" virus and the Government shuts the town off and is preparing to hit it with a Fuel/Air Bomb that would level the town and kill the Virus and all of the Residents that were still alive at that point.

 

Well in the end before they killed everyone it seems that the Government already had a cure but didn't want to use for unscrupulous reasons.

 

Now Life imitating Art...Two Americans contract Ebola, a disease with a mortality rate of close to 90%. Both are given a secret experimental drug called ZMapp and guess what both seem to be recovering remarkably well.

 

Three frozen vials of the drug were flown to Liberia, arriving on July 31; it is still unclear why, but initially, only one dose had thawed and Brantley reportedly offered it to Writebol. But when Brantley took a turn for the worse—"I'm going to die," he said—his doctors decided to administer the drug to him.

 

Though Brantly and Writebol are still ill, the early signs indicate that the drug may be working. Reportedly, Brantly was improving within hours of receiving the experimental treatment and has now made a "near complete recovery" Writebol did not react immediately to the first dose of the drug, but after a second dose also began to improve.

http://www.newsweek.com/possible-ebola-treatment-its-way-clinical-trials-263063

Anyone remember the Dustin Hoffman movie, Outbreak? In that movie an entire town is exposed to an "Ebola Like" virus and the Government shuts the town off and is preparing to hit it with a Fuel/Air Bomb that would level the town and kill the Virus and all of the Residents that were still alive at that point.

 

Well in the end before they killed everyone it seems that the Government already had a cure but didn't want to use for unscrupulous reasons.

 

Now Life imitating Art...Two Americans contract Ebola, a disease with a mortality rate of close to 90%. Both are given a secret experimental drug called ZMapp and guess what both seem to be recovering remarkably well.

 

 

http://www.newsweek.com/possible-ebola-treatment-its-way-clinical-trials-263063

 

 

Love that movie.

I think that this is something where if there were even a 1 in 500 or 1 in 1000 chance of something happening, then that wouldn't be taken. If we're looking at a risk/utility model, then getting the doctor here, studying the disease, and spurring research for a cure to this or other diseases probably greatly outweighs any risk that this spreads to another doctor, much less it spreading outside a quarantined area at one of our top research hospitals. We're not taking this chance if it's an airborne disease that people could live with before being effected.

 

The whole point of this is to study the virus before it inadvertently travels back here (and in a much more dangerous, mutated form where the disease has evolved past the point of weakening people to the point of an immediate death before it can transport itself into another living being). The ebola virus isn't going to say, "whoa... I'm in America now, time to evolve since I'm somewhere I can really raise hell"... the evolutionary process is much, much slower than that. Evolution of diseases doesn't work like Hollywood, and comparisons to TV and film are just conceptually out there.

I saw an online poll...are you concerned about Ebola spreading the U.S., blah blah blah...

 

74% said concerned

  • Author
I saw an online poll...are you concerned about Ebola spreading the U.S., blah blah blah...

 

74% said concerned

 

Thats bizarre, 74% on this site arent concerned and think its great we brought Ebola patients here.

Thats bizarre, 74% on this site arent concerned and think its great we brought Ebola patients here.

 

I dont like the idea of bringing them back, however what are we to do let them die in another country, of course not.

I saw an online poll...are you concerned about Ebola spreading the U.S., blah blah blah...

 

74% said concerned

People love to panic with no cause. :no:
People love to panic with no cause. :no:

 

I don't really get concerned about such things but if (just if) a person catches it here from one of these two guys, there will be a public meltdown.

I don't really get concerned about such things but if (just if) a person catches it here from one of these two guys, there will be a public meltdown.

 

If it get's outside of that hospital, it will be the best kept secret since who shot Kennedy! The public would not be told officially until someone else figured it out first.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.