Spurs' Offseason

They do.

Nice. That's a nasty team if they get him.

Whoever wins the Gasol sweepstakes takes a step up, and if it's not the Spurs or another team in the West, then the Spurs look like the team to beat right now.

Lots will depend on what Carmelo and the Rockets end up doing, but right now, the Spurs haven't lost anything from a team that won a title. The best passing team in the league also got what was regarded as the best passer in the Draft in Kyle Anderson.

Right now, and unless there are other potential moves I'm forgetting about, then unless Bosh decides to join Houston, there's no super team that ends up forming for the Lakers (i.e., LeBron or Carmelo and more), and/or Gasol doesn't wind up in OKC, you have to really like their chances. There's still Kevin Love too, but so far, no big news on him.

Despite a relatively quiet offseason, they've been solid in not losing anyone and, on paper, probably look the best going into next season at this point in time.

I know the Clippers got Hawes, but I'm not really sure if he alone is enough to be a real difference maker for them because he doesn't do anything to help their problems on the defensive end.

One thing that could end up hurting SA is playing without Manu and Mills early and losing some games (and seeding position), but they're also one of the best in the league at taking care of business and beating who they should, so they'll probably be solid regardless.

Nice. That's a nasty team if they get him. Whoever wins the Gasol sweepstakes takes a step up' date=' and if it's not the Spurs or another team in the West, then the Spurs look like the team to beat right now. Lots will depend on what Carmelo and the Rockets end up doing, but right now, the Spurs haven't lost anything from a team that won a title. The best passing team in the league also got what was regarded as the best passer in the Draft in Kyle Anderson. Right now, and unless there are other potential moves I'm forgetting about, then unless Bosh decides to join Houston, there's no super team that ends up forming for the Lakers (i.e., LeBron or Carmelo and more), and/or Gasol doesn't wind up in OKC, you have to really like their chances. There's still Kevin Love too, but so far, no big news on him. Despite a relatively quiet offseason, they've been solid in not losing anyone and, on paper, probably look the best going into next season at this point in time. I know the Clippers got Hawes, but I'm not really sure if he alone is enough to be a real difference maker for them because he doesn't do anything to help their problems on the defensive end. One thing that could end up hurting SA is playing without Manu and Mills early and losing some games (and seeding position), but they're also one of the best in the league at taking care of business and beating who they should, so they'll probably be solid regardless.[/quote']

Manu has missed time before. I don't think that will hurt all that bad.

I saw Pop smile a couple of times. I love how he stays back and let's his players have the moment.

Definitely. He's a guy that you can tell they love playing for even though he's pretty firm (as anyone asked to control guys like Stephen Jackson and Gary Neal would be). You can tell from the way all the guys talk about him that there's a genuine admiration there. He's really loved in the city too.

Definitely. He's a guy that you can tell they love playing for even though he's pretty firm (as anyone asked to control guys like Stephen Jackson and Gary Neal would be). You can tell from the way all the guys talk about him that there's a genuine admiration there. He's really loved in the city too.

What has Neal done making him hard to control? I must have missed it. I know why you mentioned Jackson.

I know Gary Neal had some issues this season but never heard much of anything in San Antonio. The Spurs gave Jackson the boot because of his attitude, but he still loves Pop and the Spurs. He is as well respected of a coach as there is in the game.