Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Barbecue joints in the state?

Featured Replies

Sadly, none in NKY. I just don't understand that. Mexican and Chinese joints on every corner.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sadly, none in NKY. I just don't understand that. Mexican and Chinese joints on every corner.

 

I agree good BBQ is MIA in NKY.

I agree good BBQ is MIA in NKY.

Seem like that would be an opportunity. I think a top quality BBQ joint would kill it in NKY

 

I agree good BBQ is MIA in NKY.

 

When you are ready to open BGP BBQ I'm down to work the pit... :D

Seem like that would be an opportunity. I think a top quality BBQ joint would kill it in NKY

 

Let's send some moving vans to Eli's.

The Dixie game took me to Cincys eastside last night and I had the distinct pleasure of having dinner at Just Q'in in Newtown. On the corner of Valley Ave. and Newtown Rd. this gem of restaurant is out friggin standing.

 

The wife had had the pulled pork sandwich with home made slaw, green beans with ham. I had the rib tips, mac n' cheese, and both of us enjoyed some of the best cornbread ( sweet jalapeno ) we've ever had. Portions were very large, customer service was very good, and the BBQ was amazing.

 

I will be returning within the month for round II and their brisket. The owner began this business out of a food truck and has since enjoyed more success with the Newtown location. I also enjoy the fact he "tithes" a portion of his profits to local ministries in the area. It's worth it to make a trip to Just Q'in... :thumb:

Billy Hicks cooks BBQ for lots of events surrounding Scott Co Basketball. The brisket he made for the Tyler Hicks Scholarship dinner a few weeks ago was the best I've ever had.

 

Old Hickory is great

Starnes in Paducah is great

And I like Montgomery Inn BBQ too.

Fat Man's BBQ in Somerset is very good...

Starnes BBQ in Paducah. Can't beat it if you guys ever get to WKY.

NOT IN STATE , but Eli's barely across the great divide ( river) is down right awesome . I lived in Birmingham for years . I know Que , Jim N Nicks , Johny Ray's etc etc .. Eli's is better Imo .

There used to be a little hole in the wall place in Murray within view of the Murray st football field. Is that place still there?

NOT IN STATE , but Eli's barely across the great divide ( river) is down right awesome . I lived in Birmingham for years . I know Que , Jim N Nicks , Johny Ray's etc etc .. Eli's is better Imo .

 

I only had it once, but I could not agree more on Eli's. Very tasty.

Idk. Moonlite gets all the attention from people outside of Owensboro.

 

But the smart money is on getting your sides at Moonlite and getting your mutton and pork at Old Hickory.

 

I had to make a trip down to Owensboro for the day three weeks ago. I'd never eaten anywhere in Owensboro until then - had Old Hickory for lunch. I didn't realize Owensboro barbecue was mutton. Had the sliced mutton barbecue sandwich and a cup of burgoo. Both were fantastic.

I had to make a trip down to Owensboro for the day three weeks ago. I'd never eaten anywhere in Owensboro until then - had Old Hickory for lunch. I didn't realize Owensboro barbecue was mutton. Had the sliced mutton barbecue sandwich and a cup of burgoo. Both were fantastic.

 

Well, I would say technically it's not. Pork is still king, but Owensboro is one of the few places you will find mutton and is known for that reason.

 

One place I really like is Big Moose's in Glasgow. I usually get the 3 piece sliced shoulder and a double order of their sweet potato crunch....yuuuuuuummmmmmmmyyyyyy! The smoked chicken is also very good...and they have a very good variety of sides.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.