May 13, 201412 yr And Clark picked UC over Pitt, NC State, Wake, Miami, Maryland, Clemson and Ole Miss... Didn't VCU offer him as well?
May 13, 201412 yr Didn't VCU offer him as well? Yup. Just listed the power 5 offers. Jamie Dixon wanted him so bad he flew to North Carolina to meet Gary in the airport when he returned from his official to UC...
May 13, 201412 yr It's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Sage advice. Seldom heeded. I have that quote in my classroom
May 13, 201412 yr I'm not a fan of UC whatsoever but, I can say that Mick cronin is an exceptional coach. He has a fire inside him and coaches the game with a real passion. I don't like UC, mainly because I'm a UofL fan and we are rivals. To say that Cronin isn't a good coach is just asinine.
May 13, 201412 yr I think Lizard Momma doesn't understand the concept of media "playing to its audience." I would suggest that if you don't like the attention the hometown Cincy teams get from the hometown Cincy media that you move to Lexington.
May 13, 201412 yr I think Lizard Momma doesn't understand the concept of media "playing to its audience." I would suggest that if you don't like the attention the hometown Cincy teams get from the hometown Cincy media that you move to Lexington. Or at least listen to Lexington radio. Jeez.
May 13, 201412 yr Mick Cronin has turned down 'million dollar raises' in the last 3 to 4 years from: 1. North Carolina State (ACC) 2. Illinois (Big Ten) 3. Minnesota (Big Ten) I like Mick as a person, and I think he has done a very good job at UC. However, to use the above as any evidence to his ability to coach is unnecessary because that stuff isn't fully factual. Plus, you don't need it to prove the point that he can coach, he can build a program, and he is a good dude. He doesn't want to leave the city so stories get floated to improve his leverage (since you can't drive up a price negotiating against no one else), but a lot of that stuff was over-stated. Again, don't need it, he is a good guy, can coach, loves his kids, and can build a program. Side-note: he never should have dug his heels on over the Xavier / Campus issue -- it was going to be decided way above his head and he now looks like the school didn't respect him or his wishes. He painted himself into the wrong corner. This AD has no deep-rooted allegiance to him, and the President is most concerned with the perception of the school locally, regionally, and nationally. Mick's issues were tertiary on the subject.
May 13, 201412 yr Bad coaches don't have wins over the likes of Pitino, Boeheim, Calhoun, Huggins, Wright, Buzz Williams, Jamie Dixon, Altman, Hoiberg and so on on their resume before the age of 45. I'll leave it at that... Dana Altman just called, laughing, and thanked you for including him in that list.
May 13, 201412 yr I like Mick as a person, and I think he has done a very good job at UC. However, to use the above as any evidence to his ability to coach is unnecessary because that stuff isn't fully factual. Plus, you don't need it to prove the point that he can coach, he can build a program, and he is a good dude. He doesn't want to leave the city so stories get floated to improve his leverage (since you can't drive up a price negotiating against no one else), but a lot of that stuff was over-stated. Again, don't need it, he is a good guy, can coach, loves his kids, and can build a program. Side-note: he never should have dug his heels on over the Xavier / Campus issue -- it was going to be decided way above his head and he now looks like the school didn't respect him or his wishes. He painted himself into the wrong corner. This AD has no deep-rooted allegiance to him, and the President is most concerned with the perception of the school locally, regionally, and nationally. Mick's issues were tertiary on the subject. of third rank, importance, or value (just in case anyone else learned a new word today)
May 13, 201412 yr You're joking right? Just a few months ago, most of these guys where wanting to know why uc can't play in an early season tour. against UK, Indiana, Duke, NC. OSU, and how somehow they fit this profile, of being a team on the same par as the ones already mentioned. PLEASE!!! Find one clip or podcast... They are all archived...
May 13, 201412 yr If we are going to discuss Mick Cronin we need to find a more constructive way to do so. Feel free to try again in a much better manner.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.