May 13, 201412 yr Author They went 27-7 last year, but it's time for them to move on? :lol: again that was LAST YEAR, and this team lost 87.6% of it's scoring from last year, again good luck finding that this season. :laugh:
May 13, 201412 yr The tri-state, area, really? I do like your aviator though, just not your opinions. That wasn't an opinion. I was stating a fact.
May 13, 201412 yr again that was LAST YEAR, and this team lost 87.6% of it's scoring from last year, again good luck finding that this season. :laugh: So you would fire a coach that just went 27-7? :lol2:
May 13, 201412 yr Author Who is your choice to run UC's program and what would you do different? I want Cronin to stay, I HATE uc and ALL of it's sports programs! :angrybird1:
May 13, 201412 yr Author That wasn't an opinion. I was stating a fact. I believe Cincinnati and NKY are considered the TRI-State Area, Yes? YUMmmmmmmmmmmm Farrah, :banana:
May 13, 201412 yr 1)They might win more then 15 games, because of what a bad league they are in, you're right 2)Cronin won't get fired, because he'll work for peanuts just to stay at uc, correct. 3)No agenda, I just get sick of all the local radio sports host, always thinking uc is some how on the same level as a Kansas, UK, Florida, Duke, etc. like it or not uc is going to stink this season. You do realize uc lost 87.6% of there scoring from last season right? Not to mention Lawrence has also left the program, one of the better players coming back for them this season. Let me guess, you're a uc fan, go figure, and good luck with that. That "bad league" is home to the National Champions..... and a former home to the previous National Champions....
May 13, 201412 yr I really won't comment on this much because it feeds the troll. But if anyone was wondering.... Mick Cronin has turned down 'million dollar raises' in the last 3 to 4 years from: 1. North Carolina State (ACC) 2. Illinois (Big Ten) 3. Minnesota (Big Ten) He gets paid on average, 1.5 million dollar a year. By comparison, the top 25 highest paid coaches in college basketball get paid 1.8 million per year and up. Only 8 coaches make more than 3 million per year. He has stayed long enough to get an AD who has said that a 'basketball venue is our top priority.' He isn't fired because he went from inheriting exactly 1 scholarship player in his first year to becoming the only coach in that has ever led UC to a win over a higher seed in the NCAA tourney. He stays because he is a UC alum, from Cincinnati. And because he has a young daughter that he would be moving away from (he is divorced) and he doesn't want to be out of range of her. He has done everything he's done with below average facilities to recruit to, and thus the talent he gets onto campus isn't near what the programs he competes with gets, and it is tough for him to win the recruiting battles with other schools. No coincidently, the team that was probably his most talented, made it the farthest in the NCAA tournament. Zero. I repeat ZERO local radio host (or any radio host for that matter) that values their credibility compares UC's program to that of Kansas, Florida, UK, or Duke, because it's simply not the case. You can find some of the reasons above. I think that's all I have to say about that... Carry on...
May 13, 201412 yr Author Who is your choice to run UC's program and what would you do different? Tony Yates
May 13, 201412 yr I really won't comment on this much because it feeds the troll. But if anyone was wondering.... Mick Cronin has turned down 'million dollar raises' in the last 3 to 4 years from: 1. North Carolina State (ACC) 2. Illinois (Big Ten) 3. Minnesota (Big Ten) He gets paid on average, 1.5 million dollar a year. By comparison, the top 25 highest paid coaches in college basketball get paid 1.8 million per year and up. Only 8 coaches make more than 3 million per year. He has stayed long enough to get an AD who has said that a 'basketball venue is our top priority.' He isn't fired because he went from inheriting exactly 1 scholarship player in his first year to becoming the only coach in that has ever led UC to a win over a higher seed in the NCAA tourney. He stays because he is a UC alum, from Cincinnati. And because he has a young daughter that he would be moving away from (he is divorced) and he doesn't want to be out of range of her. He has done everything he's done with below average facilities to recruit to, and thus the talent he gets onto campus isn't near what the programs he competes with gets, and it is tough for him to win the recruiting battles with other schools. No coincidently, the team that was probably his most talented, made it the farthest in the NCAA tournament. Zero. I repeat ZERO local radio host (or any radio host for that matter) that values their credibility compares UC's program to that of Kansas, Florida, UK, or Duke, because it's simply not the case. You can find some of the reasons above. I think that's all I have to say about that... Carry on... *Drops Mic*
May 13, 201412 yr It's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Sage advice. Seldom heeded.
May 13, 201412 yr I want Cronin to stay, I HATE uc and ALL of it's sports programs! :angrybird1: This is really all you need to read in this thread. It should probably be the thread title actually.
May 13, 201412 yr Author I really won't comment on this much because it feeds the troll. But if anyone was wondering.... Mick Cronin has turned down 'million dollar raises' in the last 3 to 4 years from: 1. North Carolina State (ACC) 2. Illinois (Big Ten) 3. Minnesota (Big Ten) He gets paid on average, 1.5 million dollar a year. By comparison, the top 25 highest paid coaches in college basketball get paid 1.8 million per year and up. Only 8 coaches make more than 3 million per year. He has stayed long enough to get an AD who has said that a 'basketball venue is our top priority.' He isn't fired because he went from inheriting exactly 1 scholarship player in his first year to becoming the only coach in that has ever led UC to a win over a higher seed in the NCAA tourney. He stays because he is a UC alum, from Cincinnati. And because he has a young daughter that he would be moving away from (he is divorced) and he doesn't want to be out of range of her. He has done everything he's done with below average facilities to recruit to, and thus the talent he gets onto campus isn't near what the programs he competes with gets, and it is tough for him to win the recruiting battles with other schools. No coincidently, the team that was probably his most talented, made it the farthest in the NCAA tournament. Zero. I repeat ZERO local radio host (or any radio host for that matter) that values their credibility compares UC's program to that of Kansas, Florida, UK, or Duke, because it's simply not the case. You can find some of the reasons above. I think that's all I have to say about that... Carry on... Then you don't listen to lance mcalister, mo egger, or ken broo, they all think uc is a top 10 program in basketball year in year out, all you have to do is listen to these fools, it's actually very funny, how they go on about uc and how this is the year this team gets to the final 4, PLEASE! :puke:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.