May 13, 201412 yr Still waiting on Deuce or someone to wake GT up so I can have my morning laugh...well a good laugh.
May 13, 201412 yr Author It's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Sage advice. Seldom heeded. or wake up and SEE the reality of the situation, that is coming down the road for uc, now run along, and put your head back in the sand, night night
May 13, 201412 yr Then you don't listen to lance mcalister' date=' mo egger, or ken broo, they all think uc is a top 10 program in basketball year in year out, all you have to do is listen to these fools, it's actually very funny, how they go on about uc and how this is the year this team gets to the final 4, PLEASE! :puke:[/quote'] Basketball is over come back in November and entertain us.
May 13, 201412 yr I really won't comment on this much because it feeds the troll. But if anyone was wondering.... Mick Cronin has turned down 'million dollar raises' in the last 3 to 4 years from: 1. North Carolina State (ACC) 2. Illinois (Big Ten) 3. Minnesota (Big Ten) He gets paid on average, 1.5 million dollar a year. By comparison, the top 25 highest paid coaches in college basketball get paid 1.8 million per year and up. Only 8 coaches make more than 3 million per year. He has stayed long enough to get an AD who has said that a 'basketball venue is our top priority.' He isn't fired because he went from inheriting exactly 1 scholarship player in his first year to becoming the only coach in that has ever led UC to a win over a higher seed in the NCAA tourney. He stays because he is a UC alum, from Cincinnati. And because he has a young daughter that he would be moving away from (he is divorced) and he doesn't want to be out of range of her. He has done everything he's done with below average facilities to recruit to, and thus the talent he gets onto campus isn't near what the programs he competes with gets, and it is tough for him to win the recruiting battles with other schools. No coincidently, the team that was probably his most talented, made it the farthest in the NCAA tournament. Zero. I repeat ZERO local radio host (or any radio host for that matter) that values their credibility compares UC's program to that of Kansas, Florida, UK, or Duke, because it's simply not the case. You can find some of the reasons above. I think that's all I have to say about that... Carry on... I thought Mick had full custody of his daughter?! On a side note, has anyone ever seen the interviews his daughter did last year with the players? They are pretty funny; she is adorable! You can find them on YouTube.
May 13, 201412 yr I thought Mick had full custody of his daughter?! On a side note, has anyone ever seen the interviews his daughter did last year with the players? They are pretty funny; she is adorable! You can find them on YouTube. He and his ex wife share custody...
May 13, 201412 yr Author That "bad league" is home to the National Champions..... and a former home to the previous National Champions.... Again I said, " League " NOT A team, Louisville is gone, and the ONLY good team left in the league is UConn. Wake up, homer Joe.
May 13, 201412 yr Author Homer tosses a gem, next windmill. Now do it the next 8 out of 10 outings to show you are worth what the Reds spent on you, good luck with that. :puke:
May 13, 201412 yr I've been very critical of Cronin and UC, but there's no way he deserves to be fired. These past couple seasons he's had them excelling. This season is probably going to be a down year, but outside of a very select group of programs, what school doesn't have the occasional down year. UC would be out of their minds to get rid of him.
May 13, 201412 yr Now do it the next 8 out of 10 outings to show you are worth what the Reds spent on you, good luck with that. :puke: How soon can we expect your in depth analaysis of Marvin, or Dalton? I'm so excited I can't stand myself, well, either of us but that's beside the point.
May 13, 201412 yr I am the furthest thing from a UC fan but actually like Mick Cronin. I hope he continues to be successful at UC. He will, he's a talented coach. And I'm too am no where near a UC basketball fan.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.