Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2014 NFL Draft: Updates/News

Featured Replies

Dallas for once made a good pick and decision. They didnt get caught up in the hype. Picked a good OL guy from ND. Good OL guys are valuable in in the nfl

 

There were a lot of good defensive picks available that coulda helped them, but they got the last top ranked OL in the draft, so I can see where they were going with the pick.

  • Replies 350
  • Views 41.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick to dismiss him beating UF and Miami though. You UL people are something

 

The Florida win was something, but no more impressive than Petrino's over WVU in 2007, and arguably less so. The only thing impressive about the Miami win was their name and how thorough it was. They were 9-3 and had lost three of their last five, including an 18 point loss to Duke.

The Florida win was something' date=' but no more impressive than Petrino's over WVU in 2007, and arguably less so. The only thing impressive about the Miami win was their name and how thorough it was. They were 9-3 and had lost three of their last five, including an 18 point loss to Duke.[/quote']

 

Still my belief that you all lost a gem. I think it will show down the road But hey you all have the guy you want now so rock on.

You Browns fans are fun. :lol2:

 

Gilbert is very good. Best CB in the draft is a reach IMO. Doesn't really fill a need either, does he?

 

Manziel? Ehh, I think he'll be a lot closer to Brady Quinn than Aaron Rodgers as far as QBs that fall in the draft go.

 

Note the bolded. That is your opinion completely, not fact. I think he is the best, so does that mean I'm right? They now have Joe Haden and Gilbert to play the outside corner spots with Skrine getting pushed to the inside (where he is much better). It did upgrade the defense and if you studied and knew the way Coach Pettine runs his defense you would realize this is the perfect fit for his style of defense.

 

As for your second part, the only thing he has in common with either of those QB's is a draft day slide. Rodgers is arguably the best quarterback in the league and a future hall of famer (barring injuries) so yeah if he isn't as good as him that's not very surprising. I think Manziel has the potential to be very very good and clearly the Browns think that too. Time will tell on that, but there is plenty of reason for optimism. I love how others mock the Browns no matter what they do without knowledge of the situation.

A bonus for Clowney is no state income tax in TX. CA is about 13%.

Note the bolded. That is your opinion completely, not fact. I think he is the best, so does that mean I'm right? They now have Joe Haden and Gilbert to play the outside corner spots with Skrine getting pushed to the inside (where he is much better). It did upgrade the defense and if you studied and knew the way Coach Pettine runs his defense you would realize this is the perfect fit for his style of defense.

 

As for your second part, the only thing he has in common with either of those QB's is a draft day slide. Rodgers is arguably the best quarterback in the league and a future hall of famer (barring injuries) so yeah if he isn't as good as him that's not very surprising. I think Manziel has the potential to be very very good and clearly the Browns think that too. Time will tell on that, but there is plenty of reason for optimism. I love how others mock the Browns no matter what they do without knowledge of the situation.

 

It's the Browns. It doesn't matter what they do, they'll find a way to screw it up, they always do. The fans are always optimistic after the draft. Just like the Cubs in baseball, the coaches change, the players change, it doesn't matter because at the end of the day, they're still the laughingstock of the league.

Hopefully the Browns draft Hyde or a ND d-lineman.

I would assume Cleveland goes with a WR....Marques Lee from USC or the Latimore kid from IU would be my guess.

I would assume Cleveland goes with a WR....Marques Lee from USC or the Latimore kid from IU would be my guess.

 

They are already loaded at WR.

It's the Browns. It doesn't matter what they do, they'll find a way to screw it up, they always do. The fans are always optimistic after the draft. Just like the Cubs in baseball, the coaches change, the players change, it doesn't matter because at the end of the day, they're still the laughingstock of the league.

 

That is one of the most outlandish comments I've ever read. Come on man. I hope if any team you ever like happens to be bad for a long time you don't just roll over and quit like you suggest the Browns do. Also, look no more than the team that most on this board like that has the longest streak in professional sports without a playoff win. Maybe they should just give up too :rolleyes:

That is one of the most outlandish comments I've ever read. Come on man. I hope if any team you ever like happens to be bad for a long time you don't just roll over and quit like you suggest the Browns do. Also, look no more than the team that most on this board like that has the longest streak in professional sports without a playoff win. Maybe they should just give up too :rolleyes:

 

They probably should. :lol2:

 

Sorry you aren't taking my posts about the Browns as the tongue in cheek comments that they are.

Missed almost all of the draft due to Archery tourney yesterday and driving home last night...Getting a chance to look at it now this morning, I think My Rams, "Killed It" with those two first round picks!!!

 

Rams D-line on pass rush will be flat out nasty...they already have the most combined sacks over the last two years.

 

NFC West is going to be fun!!!

They are already loaded at WR.

 

They are absolutely not loaded. They have Josh Gordon. Greg Little, is not that good of an NFL receiver.

They are already loaded at WR.

 

Having one good WR is not "loaded". Cameron is solid at TE, but he dropped off pretty significantly the second half of the season last year.

  • Author
To say I am pumped about the Browns would be an absolute understatement. Got the best corner in the draft (in most peoples eyes' date=' yes bengal fans Dennard is very good too), acquired a first round pick and fourth round pick for next year, then used the pick we got from the Colts for Trent Richardson and the third round pick we got from the Steelers in a trade and picked up the QB I wanted all along. Wow! This is the most excitement I have felt as a Browns fan in a long time.[/quote']

 

Gilbert is not the best CB. I've seen no one say that he was. He may be the best cover corner. But Denard is the best overall CB.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.