How does Toyota leaving affect local sports?

With Toyota leaving the NKY area, how does that affect local sports? Not just families possibly leaving with athletes or potential athletes. But how much money does Toyota give to the area sport scene. I know I heard that give money to NKU and TMC.

From a "recruiting" perspective, probably very little. The jobs that will be moving to TX are office/professional jobs currently housed in Erlanger. Doesn't sound like their Georgetown manufacturing operation will be negatively impacted.

No clue on the money side.

Toyota leaving effects the area in many, many ways. I think it effects the local sports scene the very last among all those ways.

As First stated, the jobs the area is losing are professional and higher level management jobs. Not exactly the kind of job a guy gets just because his kid is a good athlete and a high school coach may know someone. Zero impact on that front.

Financially, I don't know how much money they may have given NKU or TMC. But at NKU, I know it wasn't enough to alter what they do athletically. At TMC, I can't imagine it will have a major impact. Not sure how much they gave, but nothing on campus is named Toyota, so I'll guess it wasn't a ton.

From a sports perspective, I think this is a move along nothing to see here type deal. Now if you want to talk about other impacts, those could be huge. If you think our airport is bad now, I'm pretty worried about what it'll look like in about five years.

Toyota leaving effects the area in many, many ways. I think it effects the local sports scene the very last among all those ways.

As First stated, the jobs the area is losing are professional and higher level management jobs. Not exactly the kind of job a guy gets just because his kid is a good athlete and a high school coach may know someone. Zero impact on that front.

Is there a correlation between these lost jobs and the affect on the AAU, club soccer, club volleyball, club baseball---which impacts the talent level at NKY high schools? Club sports are expensive.

Is there a correlation between these lost jobs and the affect on the AAU, club soccer, club volleyball, club baseball---which impacts the talent level at NKY high schools? Club sports are expensive.

I don't think the lost jobs mean anything to the youth sports scene.

I can't imagine any correlation between the company leaving and any impending decline in the club sports scene. I don't think Toyota donated anything to local clubs or teams, they are a very philanthropic company, but not in this way. If I'm wrong on this, I'd be shocked.

In short, club sports are expensive. Toyota leaving will not change that landscape IMO.

I don't think the lost jobs mean anything to the youth sports scene.

I can't imagine any correlation between the company leaving and any impending decline in the club sports scene. I don't think Toyota donated anything to local clubs or teams, they are a very philanthropic company, but not in this way. If I'm wrong on this, I'd be shocked.

In short, club sports are expensive. Toyota leaving will not change that landscape IMO.

My point had nothing to do with Toyota donating to the club sports scene.

I was connecting the dots between families with a wage earner in a professional and higher level management job who can afford to have their kids in club sports, but now must relocate or is out of a job.

How does that that impacts club sports, which impacts high school talent?

My point had nothing to do with Toyota donating to the club sports scene.

I was connecting the dots between families with a wage earner in a professional and higher level management job who can afford to have their kids in club sports, but now must relocate or is out of a job.

How does that that impacts club sports, which impacts high school talent?

I don't think it has any impact at all.