Isaiah or AI?

Not much have I watched him. Too young. I know stats aren't everything but AI takes him in a lot. Now there's no denying he Thomas controlled the ball better but IMO, outside of his assists, that's all he did better.

I think when people hear Iverson all they hear is shooter. They haven't looked at his stuff to see he was more than that.

For me it's an eyeball thing and having watched both in their primes I'll always feel like Isaiah was a better player. It pains me to say it but it's like MJ and Kobe. Granted more people will pick MJ over Kobe but if you watched them both play then you know who is the better player.

I hate when I have to admit that. :no:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty Thomas may have been better all around (I still hate him) but this comparison is kinda skewed as these two played very dissembler games.

Both were small guards but that is one of the few similarities in their game that can be compared.

It would be like arguing who's better between Rodman and Pippen, both are 6'7"-6'8", both were multiple title winners and both are HoFers...but games were completely different and when it comes to stats or eye test it depends on what you value the most.

Same with IT and AI.

To quote Larry Bird:

"I wish we had him. He was a killer. We called him the Boston Strangler because every time he got the ball we knew he was going to score. He was the absolute best I've ever seen at scoring the ball at crucial times. We had nobody that could come close to stopping him. Nobody."

To quote Larry Bird:

"I wish we had him. He was a killer. We called him the Boston Strangler because every time he got the ball we knew he was going to score. He was the absolute best I've ever seen at scoring the ball at crucial times. We had nobody that could come close to stopping him. Nobody."

To quote Shaq, Iverson is a Top 5 player all-time.

Isaiah all day and to me it isn't close. Isaiah was a pure point guard who could score and he made others around him better. Iverson never made anyone better.

Agree completely. Personally I am not a fan of Isaiah, but has to do with his personality and not his basketball ability. It blows my mind that anyone would even THINK of taking AI over Isaiah. AS PP said, it's not even close, no comparison...Isaiah was a leader and a winner. AI was about AI. Give me 5 Isaiah's to play against 5 AI's in a 7 game series...and I win EVERY time.