Isaiah or AI?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question....If AI never made anyone better, doesn't that make it even more impressive that he was able to single-handedly guide the Sixers to the NBA Finals? Wasn't that rotation like Eric Snow, AI, Aaron McKie, Tyrone Hill and Mutombo? How does that team make the Finals?

Serious question....If AI never made anyone better, doesn't that make it even more impressive that he was able to single-handedly guide the Sixers to the NBA Finals? Wasn't that rotation like Eric Snow, AI, Aaron McKie, Tyrone Hill and Mutombo? How does that team make the Finals?

Nobody is saying AI isn't or wasn't impressive. He was very impressive. A very good and strong player. Not top 10 ever but arguably top 25.

He's simply not better than Isaiah.

Nobody is saying AI isn't or wasn't impressive. He was very impressive. A very good and strong player. Not top 10 ever but arguably top 25.

He's simply not better than Isaiah.

And actually, after seeing the comparison charts between AI and Isaiah, I'm even more impressed by Isaiah's numbers as I thought Iverson would have better numbers than him across the board except maybe for assists, which Isaiah blows him away in. Rebounds and steals very very similar, and AI was known as a pick pocket.

That chart just reinforces my opinion of Isaiah being the better player.

And actually, after seeing the comparison charts between AI and Isaiah, I'm even more impressed by Isaiah's numbers as I thought Iverson would have better numbers than him across the board except maybe for assists, which Isaiah blows him away in. Rebounds and steals very very similar, and AI was known as a pick pocket.

That chart just reinforces my opinion of Isaiah being the better player.

He should he was the PG on that team, Iverson may have been the primary ball handler bringing the ball up but then he gave it up and was cut, cut, cut trying to get an open shot. Then he still averaged more assist (6.2) for his career than MJ or Kobe did.

I'm not even an AI fan but you guys seem to be selling him short and just thinking of his reputation as a gunner and not his actual production.

He should he was the PG on that team, Iverson may have been the primary ball handler bringing the ball up but then he gave it up and was cut, cut, cut trying to get an open shot. Then he still averaged more assist (6.2) for his career than MJ or Kobe did.

I'm not even an AI fan but you guys seem to be selling him short and just thinking of his reputation as a gunner and not his actual production.

Given that AI's best teammate in his prime was Mutombo you may be right. And for his career it was Melo who will never win. AI is one of the best 25 players in NBA history IMO. Just have Zeke rated a little higher.

No. You just hate Isiah Thomas. :lol2:

AI isn't better than MJ, Kobe or Isiah. He was a volume scorer in a point guard's body. He was an amazing player. Saying he isn't as good as those 3 I mentioned isn't selling him short. It's placing him where he should be.

No. You just hate Isiah Thomas. :lol2:

AI isn't better than MJ, Kobe or Isiah. He was a volume scorer in a point guard's body. He was an amazing player. Saying he isn't as good as those 3 I mentioned isn't selling him short. It's placing him where he should be.

I never said he was that good just pointing out that for his reputation he still averaged more assist as two of the most well rounded players of all time while scoring in the same range. But yes he's not Kobe or MJ and it's not even close, I do hate Thomas and I do think AI is closer to Thomas than many of you. But I aint mad, I'm not even an AI fan :lol2:

I never said he was that good just pointing out that for his reputation he still averaged more assist as two of the most well rounded players of all time while scoring in the same range. But yes he's not Kobe or MJ and it's not even close, I do hate Thomas and I do think AI is closer to Thomas than many of you. But I aint mad, I'm not even an AI fan :lol2:

I loved Isiah and AI. No hate from me for either one. I enjoyed them both.

Now for DWade, Shaq and Paul Pierce.......nothing but hate. In that order. #hater

The East was HORRIBLE. They had the best record in the East at 56-26. Milwaukee was second at 52-30. 5 of the playoff teams were in the 40 wins. The East wasn't as bad as this year, but it was still terrible. That helped. It is still impressive that he was able to lead them to such a good regular season with those guys. They had a a fantastic defensive front court in Hill, Mutumbo, and McKie. They had one of the greatest coaches of all time. As for the con's, they had no 2nd consistent offensive option, and the if you locked Mutumbo in a gym by himself, he may score 20 pts.