April 11, 201412 yr Agree with some, other not so much. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rule-makers-planning-to-make-ncaa-men-s-basketball-even-more-fan-friendly-164746766.html
April 11, 201412 yr My take on these: -Reducing the number of timeouts - I agree, the game length is starting to drag and there were many infuriating moments where you felt like you were really watching commercials that had bits of game in between. The answer is not doing something to tweak timeouts from the team, but rather reduction in media timeouts. I'll hold my breath waiting for that one to get pushed through. The replay reviews didn't help. They need to place a limit on the length of those reviews and possibly reduce the scope of them. I got pretty tired of the reviews for elbows and flagrants, a negative result of good intentions. -Widening the lane - Only if they institute a defensive three second rule. You cannot make it that much tougher on offensive players to get into the lane against a zone. -Elimination of live-ball timeouts - Sure? -10 second rule - This doesn't bother me in the least as it is now. If they want to use their timeout to avoid 10 seconds, so be it. -Reduce the shot clock - Strongly against. I think it is fine where it is now. The only reason I'd be for a lower shot clock is to give teams coming from behind just a little bit more light in their comeback attempt without having to foul. -NBA Continuation - NO. They already halfway do this at times and I think NBA continuation in the first place is ridiculous. -No scoring on a charge - Welcome to the party guys. Way to figure out what every other level already has.
April 11, 201412 yr -Reducing the number of timeouts - Absolutely not. The answer is reduce the number of media timeouts... If they simply eliminate the under 4 timeout I think it will do the trick... -Widening the lane - No. Not sure of the purpose. 3 seconds isn't called enough anyways... -Elimination of live-ball timeouts - No. Don't understand why they would want to do that... You pay coaches to coach. Let them. -10 second rule - Yes. Consistency. During an important possession you don't get to call a time out if you get to the end of the shot clock to get a new shot clock. Why should you get a new 10 second count? Reward good defense. -Reduce the shot clock - Fine as is. If all college teams were high level offensive players the sure. But if you reduce it now, you're going to end up with a lot more desperation 3's and one on one takes at the end of the shot clock. What's the point in cleaning up the movement if we aren't going to give them enough time to run offense? -NBA Continuation - No. Ridiculous rule to begin with. -No scoring on a charge - Yes. Ridiculous rule to begin with.
April 11, 201412 yr I would love a 30 second shot clock I would too. 24 is a little too quick but I really think they should move it down to 30.
April 11, 201412 yr -Elimination of live-ball timeouts - No. Don't understand why they would want to do that... You pay coaches to coach. Let them. Completely agree. Leave this the way it is.
April 11, 201412 yr 3 second violation is never called. I watched players through out the tourney in the lane for 10-15 seconds at a time as the guards were moving back and forth out top. Bigs would just slide from side to side and never leave the lane.
April 11, 201412 yr Networks are pumping billions of dollars into putting the games on TV and you guys think they are going to reduce media time outs??? :lol2:
April 12, 201412 yr For media timeouts, I'd like it I be every 5 minutes, but make them 30 seconds longer to account for the lost timeout. I don't think many people would notice the length.
April 12, 201412 yr For media timeouts, I'd like it I be every 5 minutes, but make them 30 seconds longer to account for the lost timeout. I don't think many people would notice the length. They aren't going to give up 90 seconds of spots every half...
April 12, 201412 yr Why do the guys have a 35 second shot clock and the girls have 30? Make the guys play a 24 second shot clock like the big boys do. Speed it up!!!!
April 12, 201412 yr Networks are pumping billions of dollars into putting the games on TV and you guys think they are going to reduce media time outs??? :lol2: Like I said, I won't hold my breath! I just think they're a much bigger problem than team timeouts. Since team timeouts are actually a strategic necessity of the game.
April 12, 201412 yr Why do the guys have a 35 second shot clock and the girls have 30? Make the guys play a 24 second shot clock like the big boys do. Speed it up!!!! I don't know if it's a factor but are the women able to get into a half court set earlier due to the fact they have no 10 second rule?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.