April 6, 201412 yr Just watched the game again. Sure looked like the Jackson kid traveled when he drew the foul at the end of the game. Can anyone else confirm?
April 6, 201412 yr Just watched the game again. Sure looked like the Jackson kid traveled when he drew the foul at the end of the game. Can anyone else confirm? Yes. He walked big time but it was not called on the floor.
April 6, 201412 yr Just watched the game again. Sure looked like the Jackson kid traveled when he drew the foul at the end of the game. Can anyone else confirm? No doubt about it, he traveled. Thankfully, it didn't matter that it was missed.
April 6, 201412 yr Just watched the game again. Sure looked like the Jackson kid traveled when he drew the foul at the end of the game. Can anyone else confirm? He did. Problem for the official is he's watching to see if there's a foul. He sees the defender faked out and has an idea of what's coming next so he's watching that and not the feet.
April 6, 201412 yr He did. Problem for the official is he's watching to see if there's a foul. He sees the defender faked out and has an idea of what's coming next so he's watching that and not the feet. I'm not an official and I can't imagine how difficult it must be to concentrate for 40 minutes, but can't the good ones look at both?
April 6, 201412 yr He did. Problem for the official is he's watching to see if there's a foul. He sees the defender faked out and has an idea of what's coming next so he's watching that and not the feet. There were two officials watching him. Why isn't one looking at his feet?
April 6, 201412 yr Just watched the game again. Sure looked like the Jackson kid traveled when he drew the foul at the end of the game. Can anyone else confirm? Which is one of the problems with replay. Yes I like replay so they can make sure they get it right, but they should also be able to change the call if they happen to see a violation while watching the replay. The foul should never have been called because there was another violation which occured before the foul called. If you are going to use replay then you should be able to make the correct call when viewing a replay no matter what they see. Now I'm not saying allow replays to view for walks, but if one occurs while reviewing something in the first place then they should be able to enforce the infraction.
April 6, 201412 yr I'm not an official and I can't imagine how difficult it must be to concentrate for 40 minutes, but can't the good ones look at both? You're looking up at the shooter's arms for contact. You're not seeing the feet.
April 6, 201412 yr There were two officials watching him. Why isn't one looking at his feet? I didn't see the replay. Do we know what the other official was looking at? 2nd official would have been on the far side down around the FT line extended. Not sure he would have a great view PLUS he's got action he has to watch.
April 6, 201412 yr I didn't see the replay. Do we know what the other official was looking at? 2nd official would have been on the far side down around the FT line extended. Not sure he would have a great view PLUS he's got action he has to watch. Both officials up top are watching the shooter.
April 6, 201412 yr Cal said there is no way they could have been ready for Wisconsin on a 2-day turnaround.
April 6, 201412 yr By the way I had no idea that Wisconsin's Jackson was the son of Jim Jackson. If I remember correctly his dad was around 6'6 or so.
April 6, 201412 yr I know some like to grovel in other people's misery, but why do this? Not even close to on this level of course but I have been on that losing side more than a time or two, as a player, coach and fan.........not fun. Bo Ryan is a great coach and class act. Wisconsin is a great basketball team, that last shot falls and it's our guys locker room.
April 6, 201412 yr Not even close to on this level of course but I have been on that losing side more than a time or two, as a player, coach and fan.........not fun. Bo Ryan is a great coach and class act. Wisconsin is a great basketball team, that last shot falls and it's our guys locker room. I'm not a fan of making the players on the losing team participate in a post game press conference only a few minutes after a tough loss to end their season (or career).
April 6, 201412 yr Not even close to on this level of course but I have been on that losing side more than a time or two, as a player, coach and fan.........not fun. Bo Ryan is a great coach and class act. Wisconsin is a great basketball team, that last shot falls and it's our guys locker room. Agreed. This was a game that I did not want either team to lose. My people are all Badger fans. Today they are not whining and complaining about refs and fairness. Just the quiet resolution that the team that played the best last night won the game. And they are so grateful for the ride, and proud that their team got this far.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.