April 3, 201412 yr Will Coach K get flamed like Cal for the one and dones? You all are UK next year. Beat you to it :lol2:. The post above.
April 3, 201412 yr I don't think it will be UK. Not a good fit with Dakari and Lee very likely returning and Towns and Lyles coming in... Can UK trade a big man for a swingman? Mudiay looked like the prototype Cal guard, too bad.
April 3, 201412 yr SMU is going to be a problem next year adding Mudiay to that roster. They will have size, depth, high level guard play, defend at an elite level and a HOF coach calling the shots...
April 3, 201412 yr Will Coach K get flamed like Cal for the one and dones? You all are UK next year. No it will be great next year with Coach K having one and done's!
April 3, 201412 yr Ulis is going to be fun to watch develop. His natural feel for the game is impossible to teach, but the size and strength disadvantage will be something he has to work through. He should have had about 15 dimes tonight on passes right on the money to guys in perfect position. His vision ahead of the play is absurd...
April 3, 201412 yr Ulis is going to be fun to watch develop. His natural feel for the game is impossible to teach, but the size and strength disadvantage will be something he has to work through. He should have had about 15 dimes tonight on passes right on the money to guys in perfect position. His vision ahead of the play is absurd... I am sure he will be a fan favorite.
April 3, 201412 yr Author No it will be great next year with Coach K having one and done's! 1. He's had them before. 2. Not all 4 of those kids are one and done. 3. It's going to be a fun year with that class mixed in with the returning kids.
April 3, 201412 yr Don't worry. He ain't coming back. We'll go 39-1. You better hope you don't draw Mercer, Lehigh or VCU in the 1st round. :popcorn::popcorn::lol2:
April 3, 201412 yr I don't think it will be UK. Not a good fit with Dakari and Lee very likely returning and Towns and Lyles coming in... That's what I told my buddy last night and I'm no recruiting guru. But if I was Turner, I'd be looking elsewhere also.
April 3, 201412 yr Will Coach K get flamed like Cal for the one and dones? You all are UK next year. Coach K won't, just like Bill Self doesn't, or anyone else. Coach Cal was just ahead of the times and ahead of the game when it came to the one and done. Usually when someone is in that position with anything, they take the most ridicule.
April 3, 201412 yr Author You better hope you don't draw Mercer, Lehigh or VCU in the 1st round. :popcorn::popcorn::lol2: No worries. We'll sneak in with an 8 seed and make a run to the Final Four.
April 3, 201412 yr Author Coach K won't, just like Bill Self doesn't, or anyone else. Coach Cal was just ahead of the times and ahead of the game when it came to the one and done. Usually when someone is in that position with anything, they take the most ridicule. When Coach K or Self get to the level of recruiting Calipari is at when it comes to bringing in one and dones they just may get a Pat Forde article. Besides Forde and Cowlishaw who else has flamed Cal?
April 3, 201412 yr When Coach K or Self get to the level of recruiting Calipari is at when it comes to bringing in one and dones they just may get a Pat Forde article. Besides Forde and Cowlishaw who else has flamed Cal? Bobby Knight, if he counts. I don't have the greatest memory to answer that question for you because I usually don't pay attention. Maybe there aren't as many "talking heads" as I thought, but another UK fan could answer it better. He has received a ton of ridicule from opposing fans for it though, for what that is worth. I often hear UL, IU, UC, OSU, and etc. fans complain that Calipari's one and done players are ruining the college game. I just feel like when you're the first to really accept a change, or make a change, even if its for the better, you take the most ridicule until everyone else catches up. That's not just college bball recruiting but other aspects that I've seen in my short experience.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.