Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McDonald's All American Game 2014

Featured Replies

Who cares what anybody says about Cal when you look at what he has done at UK?

 

Yeah, doesn't phase me at all. Makes it more fun to be hated actually. Dealt with it with my Fraternity all through college and just makes you hungrier to crap in everyone's Easter baskets when you're successful.

  • Replies 134
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who cares what anybody says about Cal when you look at what he has done at UK?

 

It just sucks in a way because I feel like he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Of course UK fans are going to love him and care less what the media guys say but personally I would love to see him get the credit he deserves instead of constantly marinating to be grilled.

 

I guess what I am saying is when are people going to get past the point of constantly wishing for his downfall? I mean when are they going to quit hoping for his demise and quit treating him like a scum bag and realize the dude deserves respect.

 

 

K is the angel of the coaching world but with the Maggette and Lance Thomas incidents it shows that K's program hasn't been as squeaky clean as they act although he's avoided the trouble that Cal hasn't. I just don't get what puts K on that much of a higher level. I suseed he is the best coach in the game, but the disparity between the two isn't as great as it is perceived. Somewhere along the line Cal has turned into the black hat while K is the white hat, just not sure if it's fair.

 

But you're right, from a strict fan perspective I can just say haters go'n hate, go big blue! But, I just wish more of the national media would turn the corner. Never have I seen a coach be so successful yet there are more out there hoping for his downfall than to see him succeed. I guess that's what I am getting at.

When is the last time we've been excited for a big man?
Danny Ferry or Alaa Abdelnaby ( Spelling probably wrong lol )
Danny Ferry or Alaa Abdelnaby ( Spelling probably wrong lol )

 

I liked big Shelden.

I liked big Shelden.
Laettner, Brand, and Boozer were decent big men.
Laettner, Brand, and Boozer were decent big men.

 

Its going to burn my soul to type this name out.... One of the big men I so excited for.. McRoberts...

Its going to burn my soul to type this name out.... One of the big men I so excited for.. McRoberts...

 

You're talking about the Legend.

You're talking about the Legend.

 

I have to avoid this thread now for 3 hours for the sole purpose of the fact that I hopefully don't think about his time playing at Duke

Duke's going 40-0 next year.

 

U should get a tat. Apparently it works.

Yeah, doesn't phase me at all. Makes it more fun to be hated actually. Dealt with it with my Fraternity all through college and just makes you hungrier to crap in everyone's Easter baskets when you're successful.

 

Mmmm...THERE'S an image I didn't need.

  • Author
It just sucks in a way because I feel like he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Of course UK fans are going to love him and care less what the media guys say but personally I would love to see him get the credit he deserves instead of constantly marinating to be grilled.

 

I guess what I am saying is when are people going to get past the point of constantly wishing for his downfall? I mean when are they going to quit hoping for his demise and quit treating him like a scum bag and realize the dude deserves respect.

 

 

K is the angel of the coaching world but with the Maggette and Lance Thomas incidents it shows that K's program hasn't been as squeaky clean as they act although he's avoided the trouble that Cal hasn't. I just don't get what puts K on that much of a higher level. I suseed he is the best coach in the game, but the disparity between the two isn't as great as it is perceived. Somewhere along the line Cal has turned into the black hat while K is the white hat, just not sure if it's fair.

 

But you're right, from a strict fan perspective I can just say haters go'n hate, go big blue! But, I just wish more of the national media would turn the corner. Never have I seen a coach be so successful yet there are more out there hoping for his downfall than to see him succeed. I guess that's what I am getting at.

 

Coach K gets credit because he has 4 titles and almost 1000 wins. It's that simple. Cal makes more money than K so don't let who gets credit for what bother you. K is the winningest men's coach in history. He's earned his place at the top of the mountain in the eyes of the national media. You can't look at his entire career and just ignore what he has done. Cal does things K can't do and right now Cal is going to coach in Dallas while K will be in a luxury suite. If he even goes to Dallas.

 

Either way it's going to be hard for any coach, not just Cal, to take K's place in the eyes of the national media. And it should be hard. 1000 wins?????!!!!!!!

Coach K gets credit because he has 4 titles and almost 1000 wins. It's that simple. Cal makes more money than K so don't let who gets credit for what bother you. K is the winningest men's coach in history. He's earned his place at the top of the mountain in the eyes of the national media. You can't look at his entire career and just ignore what he has done. Cal does things K can't do and right now Cal is going to coach in Dallas while K will be in a luxury suite. If he even goes to Dallas.

 

Either way it's going to be hard for any coach, not just Cal, to take K's place in the eyes of the national media. And it should be hard. 1000 wins?????!!!!!!!

Dang, PP. There you go again, being rational. Where's the fun in that?

2010...won the title

 

2011...lost to Arizona in the Sweet 16

 

2012...lost to Lehigh in the first round

 

2013...lost to UL in the Elite 8

 

2014...lost to Mercer in the first round

 

 

Story for many many years? Uhh....okay.

Their 2010 title was probably the weakest of all their title teams, but it still counts as a championship. UK gave that banner away by going 'Georgetown 1984' against West Virginia in the regional finals. Vitale commented if UK could have made it to the FF that year that it would have been smooth sailing, that Duke's man defense wouldn't have held up to Wall and company. But that's the old iffin game. WVU's zone was enough to send them home so we'll never know.

It just sucks in a way because I feel like he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Of course UK fans are going to love him and care less what the media guys say but personally I would love to see him get the credit he deserves instead of constantly marinating to be grilled.

 

I guess what I am saying is when are people going to get past the point of constantly wishing for his downfall? I mean when are they going to quit hoping for his demise and quit treating him like a scum bag and realize the dude deserves respect.

 

 

K is the angel of the coaching world but with the Maggette and Lance Thomas incidents it shows that K's program hasn't been as squeaky clean as they act although he's avoided the trouble that Cal hasn't. I just don't get what puts K on that much of a higher level. I suseed he is the best coach in the game, but the disparity between the two isn't as great as it is perceived. Somewhere along the line Cal has turned into the black hat while K is the white hat, just not sure if it's fair.

 

But you're right, from a strict fan perspective I can just say haters go'n hate, go big blue! But, I just wish more of the national media would turn the corner. Never have I seen a coach be so successful yet there are more out there hoping for his downfall than to see him succeed. I guess that's what I am getting at.

 

One of the major factors IMO is all the Duke/ACC guys that are high up and a major part of ESPN. I agree completely with you, yeah we are going to love Cal, but the guy has worked his butt off and deserves the credit that other top coaches like Coach K gets. We can only hope that will change.

  • Author
Their 2010 title was probably the weakest of all their title teams, but it still counts as a championship. UK gave that banner away by going 'Georgetown 1984' against West Virginia in the regional finals. Vitale commented if UK could have made it to the FF that year that it would have been smooth sailing, that Duke's man defense wouldn't have held up to Wall and company. But that's the old iffin game. WVU's zone was enough to send them home so we'll never know.

 

I wanted zero parts of UK that year. Zero parts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.